Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, January 31, 2005

I'm on a roll today!

Wow, I have done a lot of things today that I have been putting off and I feel really good about it! They were all little projects that I had been wanting to do, but just didn't have the motivation.

I gathered all our toiletries and put them into the master bathroom. Most of them were organized into containers, but I had some here and some there. Now, they are all in one place, and I inventoried what we have (found I have too much of some stuff and just about out of other stuff). I also threw out half empty bottles of old stuff and stuff that we've had, but haven't used at all. I just want that stuff out of the house instead of storing stuff we may never use.

I also went through our junk drawer. Stuff that was just junk was thrown way. Junk that was keepable junk is now in nice compartments and organized. Office supply type stuff is all together. Gadgets are all together. Toys too small for Kyle are all in a box. Along with the junk drawer, I went through the kitchen cabinets and organized. I gathered all the loose sippy cups and things together and are all nicely stacked and in its own container. I got all the lightbulbs in the house together and they are organized in a container. I got all the cleaners in the house consolidated into a container under the sink.

The owners left a few things here and there in cabinets and drawers and I finally gathered all that stuff together in one box and have it waiting for their return in the garage.

Hopefully I can keep on this decluttering and tidy kick and get this place finally organized with the "a place for everything, everything in its place" attitude. I hope to get the house decluttered and our house nice and neat. The office is my next big project. I think I may go through all my craft stuff and get rid of stuff that I think I may not ever use. That's the problem with starting new hobbies (scrapbooking, rubber stamping etc) - you get all the cool gadgets, but once you start into the hobby, you find that some of the stuff just doesn't work for you or you find that you just don't like it. I may unload it on eBay. But, I don't know if that'll be worth the trouble. Maybe I'll just Craigslist it or give it to friends.

Okay, back to organizing! (It's more fun to call it organizing rather than cleaning. I love to organize much more.)

No comments: