Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Last Night

Yesterday my friend Julie came over, and we hung out here at home until Keith got here. I ordered a pizza for Keith and the kids. Then Julie and I headed to the local big mall for dinner and a movie.

When we got there, we knew that we were in trouble when we got to the parking structure and it was jammed packed with cars. I had never been to this mall at night, but it really is one of the bigger ones in the area. So, we decided to leave the structure and park at the end of the mall near Robinson's-May. Well, when the kids and I shop during the day, in the middle of the week, we usually get a space right near the mall, but this time, Julie and I parked way the heck out there. We were so far away that there was a free shuttle to and from the mall. But we, the two big pregnant women hiked it all the way. Of course the Cheesecake Factory was way on the other side of the mall!

Walking through the mall, we noted how many people were there. TONS and tons. There are a lot of restaurants there, a night club and a huge theatre. We waited an hour for a table and sat and ate. We decided not to go to the movie (a 10 o'clock showing) and to head home. We were both really tired.

Anyway, we left the restaurant at 10pm and the mall was still packed! Now, did I miss something, or what? Why do people spend their evenings at the mall? It was like it was like Christmas, but no one really had any packages. It was weird. They were all just walking around. Teenagers, adults, older adults, families. Ten o'clock at night! I must be getting old or something, but I thought it ridiculous to be spending an evening just walking around the mall. I don't get out much in the evenings, but it doesn't really seem like I am missing much. Staying home with Keith and the kids seems a million times more fun!

No comments: