Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Thursday, Yeah! It's almost Friday!

This week has gone by fast for me, but the days were dragging. I have gotten off my duff today. I have cleaned the kitchen. Back to spotless again. Last night we had take out Indian (I was craving Chicken Tikka Masala), so there weren't enough dishes to run a load and I just left them in the sink. This morning, I unloaded the remaining dishes (from two nights ago) and then emptied out the sink of dirty dishes. I cleared the countertops and the kitchen again looks nice and orderly. I also have a load of laundry going. We are running out of underthings (TMI, I know).

Kaelie has been bugging me for days to let her wear her Care Bear underwear. Well, I finally broke down and put her in them this morning. She went about an hour and a half before her first accident. She screamed when she did it. She really hates to pee on herself. She even cries when she does it in the shower. So, we changed her. Not fifteen minutes later she peed a TON! She must've stopped midstream the last time because there really was a lot this time. She didn't cry this time though. She sat on the potty for a while and gave it the old college try. She thought she had to poop. Well, I told her that we would use pull-ups for the rest of the day, but she asked if she could do underwear again. I said okay. So, we shall see how long this potty training thing lasts. Hopefully not too long.

Kyle has eaten a lot today. Cheerios for breakfast. Later he ate a whole banana, half a peanut butter sandwich and now is eating string cheese. I don't know where the little guy puts it all. He will probably do a bottle for his nap and then when he wakes will be hungry again! This week though he hasn't been eating much at dinner time, but will have a bottle at night. He isn't getting chubby at all. He must have really good metabolism.

Kevin is still stuttering and I noticed that his face muscles are getting tense when he tries to talk. Not a good sign according to the literature I received from the National Stuttering Foundation. The Foundation says that we (as parents) should point out the stuttering and that we should work to help him stop. This morning I sat him down on the counter and pointed out his stuttering, pointing out to him that he said, "I I I I I I I I I'm hungry." I told him that sometimes it is hard to understand him when he keeps repeating words. So, I told him to say, "I am hungry," and we practiced it a few times. I told him to think about what he wanted to say before he said it. Well, I think that was a good thing because he just came up to me and said, "Momma, I have to tell you something. (Pause) I finished my string cheese." I gave him a big smile, repeated "You ate your string cheese (talking slightly slower than I usually do - as recommended by the Foundation). That is great!" Then I told him that I could tell he thought about what he wanted to say and that he said it perfectly and did a great job. He beamed back a huge smile. I think with some encouragement and pointing out that he is doing good should help. He seems to get stuck on the word "I" the most. I still think it's because he thinks faster than he can talk. Maybe these little exercises will help his thinking and talking to line up.

I spent a lot of time yesterday on the phone with doctors and such. Like I said, I failed my glucose test. I have to meet with the dietitian to be put on a special diet and go get instructions on checking my blood sugars (all stuff I already know, but I have to be retold as a formality). Then the following week, I have to go to the fetal diagnostic center so they can look at the baby and make sure she is doing okay. The plus side is I get to see the baby again. Ris will be coming up here four times in two weeks time. Prior to these appointments, she will be here next Thursday for my regular doc appointment and then again the next Saturday for Keith's and my date night. She is so good to do this for us.

Last night we had Indian food like I said. We ordered Keith's dishes "extremely spicy" (as the guy taking my order coined it). It was a bit too spicy for Keith. Usually spicy, hot or "spicy spicy" is too mild for him, but I guess "extremely spicy" at this particular Indian restaurant is indeed too spicy. For our date night we want to go back to the Mexican restaurant we went to the day after Christmas. We both really enjoyed that. We are thinking of seeing that scary looking movie "Hide and Seek". Looks creepy!

Well, my teeth don't hurt like they did two days ago. Sometimes they ache and then the next day it doesn't, then in a couple of months I'll feel it again. I guess I was feeling sorry for myself in my other post.

Oh, I am feeling lightheaded. Maybe I need to get something to eat. I am curious about my blood sugar level. I think I shall check it. So, good bye for now!

No comments: