Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Thursday, January 6, 2005

The Appointment went Well

Yesterday was a good day. The appointment went fine and the doc thinks everything is progressing well. He doesn't seem too concerned with my previous gestational diabetes issues, but he did finally order a glucola test. He is sparing me the three hour test if I should not pass this one. He says he will just send me to the diagnostic center for an eval and to see how we are to proceed if the first test comes out with high sugar numbers.

As for the rest of the stats, I've gained 6 pounds so far and the baby is measuring right on target for 26 weeks. She isn't any bigger than any other baby at this point. I guess that's a good sign.

After the appointment, I went to the grocery store and picked up a few things I forgot to order in my regular grocery delivery. Then I went to Daphne's (Greek food) and picked up lunch for me, Ris and the kids. By the time I got home (almost 2pm), Kyle was ready for his nap. Ris said that the kids were really good and that she had a good time watching them. They played with the Christmas presents Ris brought for them. She got new ones because everything she got for them originally, they already had. She got Kevin this really cool remote control helicopter, which is actually a fun thing to play with. She also got him an army man action figure. Kaela got this extremely cute Dora the Explorer gumball machine. We filled it with MnMs instead. She also got a police man action figure. Their new toys kept them busy while Ris was here.

The rest of the day went fine. The garage was carless yesterday, so the kids had me set up their play house and they played in there for a good portion of the afternoon. We also finally bought a lamp for their room and now they can turn on the light by the switch. Having to go up and down the stairs is not a very fun thing for me to have to do ten times a day just to pull the cord on the fan light. Kevin is so happy that he can now go upstairs all by himself and turn on the light.

We had leftovers for dinner which actually wasn't so bad. It did help to clean out the fridge a bit. After dinner, the kids played and hung out for a bit. After putting the kids to bed, Keith and I watched Troy. It wasn't a bad movie. It was long though. I enjoyed it and found it entertaining. I haven't seen a really really good movie lately though. I'm not sure what the last one was that I saw. Just goes to show that maybe there haven't been any really really good ones, or I am just forgetting. Probably that I am just forgetting at the moment.

Oh, I watched "All My Children" last night - watched the repeat on SoapNet. It was their 35th anniversary show. I have been watching since I was probably I'd say 8. My mom says she saw the first episode when it debuted. She was pregnant with me at the time.

Keith really likes the shirts I exchanged for him. He is wearing one of them today. I may go back and get him two more since they are on sale right now for a pretty good price.

Well, today is a new day. I shall report back later.

No comments: