Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Yippee!!!! The Sun!!!

Ah, now, this is what I like! It rained and rained all night. Everything is still wet, but the clouds are few and the SUN is shining! It is so pretty out. I do like that the rain clears everything away and now everything looks so fresh. I was really really really missing the sun. If it rains again tomorrow, that will be okay. I just needed a good dose of it!

Let's see. What has been going on. Not much really since we have been stuck in the house. The kids have been surprisingly good. You'd think they would be driving me batty by this point, but they have been really really good. Kyle is *yeah* binkyless. Yesterday he fell asleep right on the floor in front of the TV while watching with Kevin. He didn't act grumpy or cry for a bottle. He just laid down on his tummy and started snoozing. He has also been putting himself back to sleep when he wakes in the middle of the night. Maybe moving him to his own bed won't be so difficult after all. We are going to try to wean him of the bottle this weekend.

Kyle tripped on the low bricks leading up to the fireplace and whacked his head on the bricks lining the glass screen. He has a little cut and a tiny goose egg. But gosh, if he had a little bit of propulsion to his fall, he could have slammed into the glass screen. I have to look into something to block that.

Kaela is being a real girlie girl these days. She is really liking the ponytails in her hair. She has been wearing them to bed and immediately wants her "do" fixed when she wakes in the morning. This is not so good for me because she gets up about an hour before I do! She is also in constant contact with her purses. She keeps all her "special" toys in her Disney princess bag and all her hair accessories in her burgundy purse. She got a cute Easter outfit from Maria and Kaela is asking daily if she can wear it. She is still in love with her "rosy dress" (her flower girl dress from Karensa & Paul's wedding) and wants to wear it with her dancing shoes (the shoes she danced in at K&P's wedding reception).

Kevin is looking like a little boy. I am constantly thinking about him attending kindergarten in the Fall. I am not sure he is prepared. I need to start working on his letters and numbers with him. I think the kindergarten roundup is in May! I found that on the school district's website last night. This morning as I was brushing my teeth and popping in my contacts, Kevin was explaining to me how jets work. He was pointing to all the features on his Blue Angel jet and was telling me about each one and how the wings make the plane lift and slow down and all about the jet propulsion. This kid must watch Discovery Wings without me knowing. I am not sure where he learns all this stuff.

As for me, I have three quilts going as works in progress. Four quilts, if you count the one that I started way back while we were still in WA that I totally screwed up. It is a log cabin quilt and I messed up in the direction I was sewing the Logs. The other three are the quilt top that I did the other night. I am going to put on a more labor intensive border using the plaids in the quilt top. The other is a baby quilt for the baby. It shouldn't take too long to finish it up. The last is the bird quilt that I have started to cut pieces for, but I have changed my mind about the layout of the patterns. They are all relatively easy quilts, I just need to get them done. I think the term in the quilting community is UFO's. Unfinished Objects.

We had curry for dinner last night. Keith once again said that it was the best I've made. Gosh, it just keeps getting better and better. You know what Keith did for me last night? He is just the BEST! I was craving a Thai Iced Tea last night. It was pouring rain. He knew how much I was craving it. Even though he was relaxing and had his shoes off (we had just finished dinner and he hadn't changed out of his workclothes yet), he went to the Thai restaurant down the street and got me not one, but two. The second was for today. He is so sweet. I gave him a big kiss before he left and I even started to tear up because he was so sweet. He said he was happy to do it for me because he loves me so much. I am the luckiest woman on the planet! He truly is the best husband and father. He is always doing nice stuff for me and the kids. He is the BEST! Really truly beyond words to describe how wonderful he is.

No comments: