Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, January 17, 2005

A Fun Family Day

Keith had the day off and we woke at a decent hour today. I made Keith go to bed by 11pm (he was falling asleep on the couch last night at around 10pm). I feel into bed around 2am. I cleaned up the kitchen (we had been eating on paper plates and the dishes piled in the sink were overflowing). I loaded up the dishwasher and even bleached the sink back to its pretty bright white that it has when it is clean!

We headed out at 10am to go the the zoo. It was a tiny, tiny zoo. The kids really liked it, but Keith was a bit disappointed in it. The entrance fee was only $2.00, so I didn't expect much. After frequenting the San Diego Zoo, I don't expect much from other zoos. The SD Zoo entrance fee is, what, like $32? I am not sure because we always bought a yearly pass. This zoo was only $2, so you can imagine the big difference in zoo quality and quantity of animals.

The zoo is run by the county in the large county regional park which in total I read is just shy of 500 acres. There was a duck pond and pony rides and railroad (which we rode neither of). It was a pretty place to walk around and have a picnic (tons of picnic tables). It also had a nice park. So, the kids played for a short time at a tiny play area, then we moved on the to much bigger area. They had a lot of fun there. Can you believe that the temp was low 80s???

After the zoo/park, we went to Denny's for lunch. A late lunch at 1:30, then afterwards we headed to Dairy Queen for ice cream. We really did have a lot of fun, as we all seem to. We do like getting out with the kids. They are easy to manage.

When we got home, I couldn't help but crash on the couch. I am feeling more and more tired these days. It must be this 28 week old baby sucking the life force out of me! As I slept, Keith and Kevin played on the computer (playing you know what).

Now we are about to have dinner. Thai from King and I. Oh! I gotta go and pick it up! Bye!

No comments: