Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Friday, January 21, 2005

TGIF!

I know that I don't "work", but I am so glad it is Friday. Keith will be home all weekend. It is so nice to just be with him. We have been enjoying our evenings sitting together and watching TV. The new TV season has started and we are finding good shows to watch. Mondays are a problem though. I am really into the new show "Medium". It is about a psychic that helps the DA solve cases. It is based on a real person. I do like the show. I find it all very interesting. But last Monday, another new show started. "Super Nanny". It is about a British nanny that comes into peoples homes and helps the parents to control their children. Monday was the first episode. I am SO happy my kids are good. This show helps to reinforce that.

I was also happy to see that Keith and I utilize some of the same techniques the nanny did to get the kids straightened out. It was so horrible to see how in this episode a little 5 year old girl ran the house with tantrums and meanness. The problem was that the parents let her get away with it! I am not really understanding about how parents let their kids run their lives. Keith and I were raised that the parents were in charge and they were to be listened to. On a message board that I frequent a kindergarten teacher had posted that parents these days need to be parents and not their kids' best friends. This teacher has to spend at least the first month of the school year teaching the kids how to properly behave in class! I hope when Kevin starts kindergarten in September that he doesn't pick up many bad behavioral habits.

Okay, back to the TV schedule. Sunday nights is "Desperate Housewives"; Tuesday nights the "Amazing Race"; Wednesdays is "Wife Swap"; Thursdays are "Apprentice" and "ER". Friday and Saturday nights have been movie nights. All these shows of course, start long after the kids have gone to bed. We just like to relax on the couch and watch some of these silly programs. It sure is far different from the middle of the night romps to Denny's, coffeeshop or bookstore that Keith and I used to do "pre-kids". But, we do enjoy hanging with the kids until bedtime, and this is just the perfect lifestyle for us.

But this weekend will be different. We have Ris coming this Saturday night and every other Saturday night until the end of February. She is going to watch the kids so that Keith and I can enjoy "date night". We are so excited and so thankful to Ris! We aren't sure what we are going to do, but dinner is on the list and maybe coffee and a movie. We haven't been out in this area before, so we are not sure how crowded it is out there. We were thinking about heading to the coast, but I think that's where most of the "partying" goes on. So, it is probably crowded. I don't feel like getting too dressed up either. Jeans, I think, is about the pace I am looking forward too.

And oh! Dinner. I am craving carbs! I stopped having carbs on Tuesday and have been pretty good about it. I am taking my glucola test for gestational diabetes tomorrow at 7am. So, I wanted to try to cut out a ton of carbs (sugars) to try to "fool" the test. I had I had GD with both Kaela and Kyle, and will most likely have it with this one too, but if I am diagnosed, I will have to go to the doctor every two weeks. I just don't have the babysitting resources for that. So, I am just trying to put it off as long as I can for the diagnosis. I am *planning* on just trying to manage it myself for now. *sigh*

Okay, a kid update. Not much going on with them. Same old, same old. Kevin has been wanting to go back to the Zoo and has been spending a lot of time watching Animal Planet. Michaela is taking the opportunity to play on the computer. She is liking her Dora the Explorer program. Kyle, well, I was thinking about when and how to move him from our room into his own bed. I am not sure where we are going to put him. Either in with the kids or in my non-existent craft room. I guess I shouldn't be so selfish to occupy a whole room just for me. I had considered moving the toys into the craft room so that Kevin and Kaela could still play while Kyle slept in their room. Also, I wanted to keep the craft room open as a guest room. It would be hard to have it as a guest room with Kyle sleeping in there along with the guests! Oh well, we shall figure something out. We always do!

Okay. That's it for this session. Until later!

No comments: