Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Our World of Computers

Kaela is on the computer right now. She isn't even three and is using the computer to draw pictures. I hadn't even touched a computer until the summer between 7th and 8th grade. It was a Commodore 64. I learned to program in Basic. In high school, it was Fortran and Pascal classes that I took.

Going off on a tangent here...
One day Keith and I were talking and we figured that he and I both started on computers around the same time. We find that as kids we did a lot of the same things. I took electronics in high school. Not a common thing for girls. He did electronic stuff on his own. I think that is one of the things he likes about me is that I understand some of the techie stuff and programming stuff that he talks about.

Anyway, back to the kids...
Kaela is now off the computer and Kevin is back on. We really need to get another computer. The way these two argue over who gets to use it! Then again, I don't want the kids on the computer all day long (like someone I know - ME!). Kyle is even getting into the computer thing. Any chance he gets, he grabs the mouse and scoots it back and forth, imitating the other two. He does play on the keyboard pounder. It is a program that allows babies to bang on the keyboard and not mess anything up. Every time a key is pressed a flower or fish pops up, depending on what you have turned on in the program. So even Kyle is using the computer!

Oh, another sidenote...
Did you hear that laptop use has lowered the sperm count in young males? It turns out that guys that keep their laptops in their laps while computing are killing off the little guys, resulting in a lower sperm count. I keep telling Keith to put his laptop in his lap... haha.

Well, talking about computer use, I should log off and get to work! We have to head to the grocery store for ginger for gingered carrots. I have been wanting to make them since before Christmas, but I keep forgetting to buy ginger! We are having steaks again. Yum! Gosh we are meat eaters...

No comments: