Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Just another day in Paradise

Yesterday I worked on our budget for the year. Our biggest problem areas are dining out and my craft supplies (scrapbooking, rubber stamping & quilting), yikes! They are the categories that I have the most influence on. *sigh* I have my cravings for food and Keith does everything he can to satisfy them. But, I am starting my low carb diet on Monday, so that should help out with the dining out expenses. Even knowing all this, we did go out to dinner last night. We went to Islands.

When we got there, there were a million people waiting inside and outside of the restaurant. I hopped out of the car and put our name on the list 30-35 minute wait. Table for 5 under "Keith". It was cold out and all the heat lamps had quite a few people huddled under each, so we waited in the car with the kids. We waited about 15 minutes and then headed out - just in case they over estimated the wait. Keith went up to the host to see what the status was and the host said that we had already been called. I didn't think that that was right because there were some families still sitting there that were waiting when I put our name on the list. So we were seated. We rationalized that it had to be us because wouldn't it be a coincidence if another party of 5 under the name Keith didn't show up? So, we sat and ordered and Keith got his soup and then we heard it, "Keith party of 5". Hmmmm. So maybe the first "Keith party of 5" wasn't us and actually a "Keith party of 5" that didn't show. Oh well, I guess we got an unexpected break last night.

The kids were playing outside in the backyard while I was typing the above paragraph. But, we sent them back in because Kyle has taken to eating snails. Oh gosh! It is so gross. He crunches down on the things then spits them out. The poor snails are still alive and now have no shell. He's done this three times now, as if they are attractive enticing pieces of candy. Yuck!

Kevin has a new game. SimCity 3000. Like Zoo Tycoon, but here, you build your own city. Keith's co-workers think that it's amazing that Kevin, not even 5 yet, actually plays these games. What they don't realize is that Kevin plays these games and can set up the cities and zoos, but runs out of money. The whole point of the game is to make money. He is the one that figured out how the games work, so I guess that is impressive in itself.

Kaela is still in her whiny, crying mood. We are not sure what is going on, but now she is Momma's little girl and doesn't give Keith his kisses and hugs as readily as she used to. Hopefully she'll be back to her old self.

Keith said that the work week was good and that he got a lot done this week. His little three man department got approved for a $400k budget this year. That'll buy a lot of cool computers and tools.

We don't have much planned for the weekend. We are probably just going to hang out here at home. Which we enjoy doing. Tonight I think Keith and I are going to wait "Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow". Lips is going to be in the movie (Angelina Jolie). She's kind of a weird one, but I think she is extremely attractive. Not Halle Berry beautiful, but extremely attractive.

Good bye for now.

No comments: