Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Friday, January 7, 2005

Well, That Was Simple Enough

Kyle hasn't taken a binky since the day we pulled it from him. Two days ago, while playing in the kids' room, he found one. I took it from him as soon as I saw him with it. He complained, but went on playing. When I went back to check on them again, he had another in his mouth. Well, I pulled that one too. That was the last time he's had one. He hasn't complained, nor has he been unbearable to live with. No whining, crying or unhappiness, and he has been sleeping through the night. So, next phase will be the bottle. He currently takes them to go down for his nap and to go down at night. I think we have the long weekend coming up as the designated day. Hopefully it is as easy as it was with Kaela.

Yesterday was a slow day. It didn't rain yesterday, the first time all week, but when we got out of bed this morning the ground was all wet. It looks cold outside and windy too!

I made lasagna for dinner. I think it was the worst one I ever made. Kaela ate it. I feigned enjoying it. Kevin cried because he didn't like it. He said he didn't like the cheese. I remember not being to fond of the cheese when I was younger, so I finally caved and got him some leftover mac-n-cheese we had for lunch. Keith didn't eat with us because he had to work late, but when he got home, he wolfed down two huge pieces. He said that it was delicious. I seriously thought he was saying that just because I had talked it down so badly. But, now I think he did enjoy it.

I am continuing my quest to find a sitter or housecleaner. I want a sitter to come in 2 or 3 time a week for a few hours to entertain the kids while I am cleaning the house or doing other projects. Or, I am looking for a house cleaner to come in bi-weekly and do a thorough housecleaning. I've been putting free ads up on craigslist. Not having any luck in either department. I am conflicted though. Sometimes I say to myself, "I should be able to do it all myself." Other times I think that it is a lot to do, and I need help. I guess the best thing to do is to wait it out and see what offers I get. If it just doesn't feel right, then I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Well, good day to all!

No comments: