Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, January 24, 2005

Sunny Monday

It's sunny today, but the weather forecast says that it should be raining tomorrow and Wednesday. I have enjoyed the sun and as long as the rain and gloom don't last too long, the rain shouldn't be too bad.

The weekend went fast. It is always so nice to have Keith home. He does hate Mondays. Always dreads the week. I can't blame him. Home is more fun.

Let's see. Friday night was movie night. We watched The Forgotten. A good movie, we thought. It was entertaining. I had seen the commercials for it, so I wasn't surprised by some of the stuff that Keith was surprised about. There was an alternate ending available on the DVD. I preferred the original theatrical ending.

Saturday started off early for me. For once, Keith was still asleep when I left the house. I left at 6:30 to go to my blood test. The lab opened at 7am, but I knew that there would be a million people there. Last time I went 15 minutes before they were opened and I was still like the 20th person to sign in. This time, also being 15 mins before they opened, I was about number 12. I would have been in there sooner, but two older people cut in line ahead of me (even though I was there before them), but I didn't complain. Not like some of the other people that were in line and that came afterwards. I admire the people that work in the lab that hear the complaints day in and day out about the lines. All the other labs I had gone to also had long, long lines and long, long waits. I just expect them whenever I need blood drawn. I bring a book or a few magazines and patiently wait. The lab workers are always so pleasant and patient. I guess they get their satisfaction in the pain they cause when drawing these people's blood! My feeling is, why upset the lab employees, you never know which one of them is going to stick you with that big long needle! There really is no need to be unpleasant with them. They do work as fast as they can.

So, that was my Saturday morning. Keith said that right after I left, Kaela screamed and cried in her bed. She was awaken by the garage door opening and got scared. So, me leaving Keith asleep in bed didn't last long. By the time I got back an hour and a half later, the house was in full swing. Saturday was mostly us hanging out during the day. Kids playing, watching a little TV, them on the computer. We washed the kids up before Ris came to babysit. She showed up about 4pm so that Kyle could feel a bit more comfortable. We didn't want him to wake from his nap, have us be gone and Auntie Ris all of a sudden there. That really would have thrown him off. We did wake him from his name and he was grumpy. He gets that from me. I am a huge grump when I get awaken from a nap. He cried when we finally did leave, but stopped shortly thereafter.

The kids had fun fun fun with Auntie Ris. We did call once to see if dinner got off okay and that Ris didn't need anything. They played Army Men and were marching around the kitchen when we called. Kevin and Kaela talked nonstop about how much fun they had with Auntie Ris.

Keith and I tried out a Persian Restaurant that Keith passes everyday to and from work. We both had kabobs. The kabobs were yummy! It was served with rice. We both found the entire meal too dry for our tastes. Not dry in that the meat was dry. It was very tender and yummy. We prefer saucier foods like Italian or Indian, or even Mexican that comes with some sort of salsa or something. The kabobs seemed like they were missing something, but I guess Persian food just isn't like that.

After dinner, we had coffee. We went to a chain coffee house along the same road as the restaurant. We didn't like it. As much as people knock Starbucks, we would have preferred Starbucks.

After coffee, we drove to the large mall in the area that my friend Julie and I had went to last week. We had more than three hours to kill before our movie. We ended up going to Barnes and Noble and looked at books. Keith looked at (what else) computer books and I (also what else) looked at quilting books. Keith couldn't find one that he liked, but I found a really good comprehensive quilting book. Tips from A-Z. I liked it a lot, but didn't get it. We ended up ordering it yesterday on Amazon along with a few other things. Keith did end up getting a book on Amazon.

After the bookstore, we finally checked out the movie times. We still had about two hours to wait. So, we walked around the mall. It was crowded just like the other night. We went to Dave and Busters and sat at the bar and had a drink and french fries. Keith got a huge Guinness and I had a Long Island Iced Tea. No, I am just joking. I had a coke (okay, two cokes). We stayed there about an hour and a half. We talked about work and the book I am reading. We talked about all the people there and how this just isn't our thing. We decided that we were old. Not old like too old to go out, but old like too old to be bar hopping like we did in our 20s and 30s. Maybe if we went to the more upscale $15 a drink places that they have near the beach. But definitely not Dave & Busters.

We finally headed to the movie. We were there about half an hour early, but the theatre was already 3/4 full! We saw White Noise. We didn't think there would be so many people. There were a couple of families there. Kids not older than 10. Are these parents stupid? Geez. It was an after 10pm showing and the movie was SCARY! I like scary movies and can handle them pretty well, and I thought this was scary. No wonder kids these days are so numb to gore, violence and the horrors of the world. A 10 year old should be in bed, not at a movie like that. One of them even had a baby with them. Goodness. Stay home and put that baby in her bed!

Okay, back to the movie. Scary scary scary. Very creepy. The creepiest movies are the ones that leave you with the "that can really happen" feeling. The ones where the "bad guys" are still out there. It's a movie about communicating with the dead though white noise (EVP). Google EVP and all kinds of things pop up about it. Well, anything that messes with the beyond can be a bad bad thing. Don't do it! I told Keith that our TV or radios will never be left on static for one second. Well, none the less, it was a good movie and definitely a screamer.

After the movie we headed home. Ris left shortly thereafter. Keith and I went to bed after that. Even though I posted mostly negative stuff, it was a fun and relaxing time. Isn't it weird how the negative stuff comes out more than the good stuff? Keith and I did have a nice time together. We love to be able to be alone together. Ris will be back two Saturdays from now.

Sunday we hung out at home. Just a relaxing day at home. Did laundry and the normal house stuff.

The kids right now are all playing in the backyard. Playing, of course, GI Joe. I am blogging and then I am going to start cleaning up the house. I have a quilt I want to finish soon. Okay. That's it. Bye!

No comments: