Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Wednesday, February 2, 2005

Happy February

So far the month has been nice. It is only the morning of the 2nd, but yesterday was nice. The kids and I headed over to Keith's office and had lunch with him. We were going to go to Ikea, which is only a couple exits away from him, but I decided that since I had to go to Target, I could get what I needed from Target instead.

We were going to just go to McDonald's but as Keith and I were talking, we must have missed it. We were both looking out for it, but just didn't see it. We had only been to this McDonald's once and we had found it on accident. But this time, we missed it so we ended up going to Baja Fresh. I think it tasted like La Salsa, but it was cheaper. The kids were really good at the restaurant, which makes for a really good lunch.

Afterwards, we dropped Keith off and then off to Target we went. We hit traffic going back south. Wouldn't you know it? The brilliant minds at CalTrans (the highway maintainance people) thought that during the lunch rush on a Tuesday would be the perfect time to paint lines on the freeway. Go figure.

I forgot all my coupons and debated on if I should just skip Target and go another day. But I figured since we were there, if we were to leave and then come back, that would have sucked up the equivalent of my coupon savings. So, I didn't use any. I did want to buy the new Mulan II video, but I had a $3 off coupon for that. I thought it was worth it to wait. I did see it advertised cheaper at places other than Target.

After we got home, I didn't get back to "organizing". I relaxed the rest of the day with the intent to organize more today. After I log off, I have big plans to start on the blue room/office. I was going to work on the garage, but I think I will do it tomorrow.

Kyle has become very skilled at moving the dining room chairs over to the breakfast bar. I do my computing at the bar and Kyle likes to watch what I do. He slides a chair over here, uses the other bar stool's rungs as a foot hold and pops himself up on the chair. He then stands and watches me type. He learned this from watching Kevin and Kaela do it. He added the step of using the other bar stool rung though. He does tend to bug me though. He likes to play with the mouse and sometimes tries to grab it from my hand. Maybe I should just get a broken mouse and let him have that one.

Kevin has been playing with his legos. He is getting good a building little cars and buildings. He likes to make little scenes like a police station with police cars and motorcycles. On the weekend, we combined the lego set (1000 pieces) he got for Christmas with my "special" legos. My legos were ones I bought as a teenager (15) when I was in Europe. There was a big lego promotion going on and I bought a set or two. Then I added on a few more sets in a couple of years time. I have some really cool pieces (according to Keith). They had sentimental value to me and it was hard to dump them all in with the "new" legos. But Kevin is having a great time playing with my more specialized legos that I guess it was finally time to let go of them. He has been really good about keeping all the legos together and not leaving the tiny pieces for Kyle to eat.

Kaela well, she is in an awkward stage. I'm not quite sure what is going on, but I hope it is a phase. She slept in our bed last night. She refused to go back to her bed and I didn't feel like dealing with a screaming, crying Kaela. She is whiny over everything still and is not cleaning up when I ask her to. She is as pleasant as can be when she is pleasant, but most of the time she is whiny. It is enough to drive a person (especially me) batty! She does have her good moments, but the whininess seems to be outshining them.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. Sometimes I feel like they are a waste of time. I sit there for about 30 minutes after my scheduled appointment time. I finally get called. They weigh me, take a sample, do my blood pressure. Then I wait a few minutes more. Doc comes in. How are you? Fine. How are you feeling? Fine. He measures my ever growing belly, listens to the baby's heartbeat. "She looks good!" he says. Any concerns or questions? No. Then a comment along the lines of "You're an old pro at this" (from him to me). Then he explains where I am in the pregnancy, and any thing significant that is going on. End of appointment. See you next month! He sees me a total of five minutes. For all that, Ris drives up an hour, comes the night before, spending the night. Watches the kids in the morning. We go to lunch then she goes back down for her hour drive. Very nice of her I would say.

Well, off to organize! Bye!

No comments: