Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Wednesday Already!

Wow! I can't believe it is already Wednesday. I haven't updated in a few days because we have been out and about. Well, kind of.

Monday we spent the entire day lounging around the house. Keith thought his day off went really fast, although we didn't really do anything in particular. I thought it was like any of our normal days home, except that Keith was here. I clean the kitchen a bit and vacuumed the floor. It needed it really bad. Keith was the computer a lot of the day. The kids did their normal daily stuff - played upstairs, played downstairs, played outside, watched TV, played on the computer, played with Legos, read books. Wow, what a hard life they have!

Yesterday, the kids and I drove to San Diego to go to Toni's burial. Well, I went and the kids stayed with Grandpa and Auntie Ris. There wasn't a service because her service was last week. This was the actual lowering into the ground. She had a beautiful casket. The ceremony was pretty fast. Afterwards, we got a bite to eat and sat around and talked for a long time. After getting back to Mom and Dad's, I hung out with the kids, well actually, I fell asleep on the couch for a bit of the time before dinner. Kyle woke up yesterday at 6am! We had dinner and then headed back home at 8. I didn't want to hit the rush hour traffic which lasts until 7. It was pouring rain when we left, but the drive went smoothly. There weren't a lot of people on the road since it was a worknight, so I didn't run into many stupid drivers last night.

Now it is Wednesday. I have a doc appointment on Friday, my first of several Non Stress Tests. Today we are straightening up the house. The cleaners are coming tomorrow. I know, why clean up for the cleaners? I am not really cleaning up, I would say that I am straightening up. I am clearing off countertops and floors so that they can get their stuff in here and do the actual cleaning. If I would just put this stuff away after it is used, I wouldn't be doing the mad dash to get it all put away before the cleaners got here. When I see pictures of people's houses in magazines and on TV I often wonder if they always look like that, or if they, before the cameras got there stuffed everything into closets and drawers. I would like to think the latter.

I am proud of myself! My blood sugar level has been well within range for about a week now. It really isn't as hard as it was when I did it the first time with Michaela's pregnancy. I am eating mostly proteins. I do get some fruit and veggies, but I'm very lean on the starch. I had white rice yesterday at Mom and Dad's, and my after dinner number was still really good. I just had a small amount of rice, but at least I got to have some. Kyle pigged out on the rice! I think he missed having it. I haven't made it in awhile because I can't eat it. Poor Keith is enduring my diet as well. He doesn't want to eat the things I can't, but I can tell he misses some of the snacks and goodies we've had around the house. When Ris came to babysit, I didn't have my usually goodies for her either. I am looking into sugar free snacks and goodies for me, so maybe I can start buying the regular stuff for everyone else. I did buy sugar free cookies once and wasn't impressed at all. The problem is this stuff is so expensive, if I don't like them, I feel like I am throwing money out the window. For example, I bought natural peanut butter the other day. It was more expensive than Skippy or Jiff. I can't stand the taste and texture. It makes me gag. So, Keith is trying to eat it so that it doesn't go to waste. If this GD turns into Type 2 Diabetes, I am going to have some problems. Eating is one of my life's pleasures. *Sigh* I may have to find something else that pleases me as much. Keith and I were talking about it last night. When I like the taste of something, it is SO pleasurable. But, when I don't like it, it is the worst tasting and unappealing thing in the world. I'm not sure why my taste sensors are so extreme. I love to eat!

Let's see. Kids. Well, Kyle is tormenting Kaela. He steals her stuff and runs. She cries. He is quite the character. Kevin is getting more and more sophisticated. He is getting excited about school. At Toni's service, he told Emily that he was going to marry her. Emily has been saying that she is going to marry Kevin for almost a year now. I guess she has convinced him. Kaela has been doing really good with the crying and whining. Maybe it was a phase.

Keith is continuing to do well at work. He stresses sometimes, but it is good for him. It challenges him. We are looking into getting a treadmill. Have I mentioned that already? We want to wait to get a used one. We are going to go and look at what is out on the market so that we know our options. These things are expensive! We both want to get healthy.

Well, off to the daily grind. Have a great day!

No comments: