Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Had Doctors' Appointments Today

I had two appointments. One with the perinatologist and one with my regular OB/GYN.

The perinatologist reviewed my blood sugar numbers and recommended that I start on insulin. So, I am starting off with 30 units. 20 at bedtime and 10 at breakfast. He says that even with the diet I am on, I will probably be increasing the insulin as the pregnancy continues. I have to come in for non-stress tests twice a week! They will be on every Tuesday and Friday until the baby is born. Keith is checking to see if he can come in late to work those days. I will have a complete ultrasound the first week of March to check on the size of the baby and to make sure she is doing okay.

My regular OB/GYN appointment went well. Baby girl is right on target sizewise as far as they can tell. She has a nice strong heartbeat. I am currently going to this doc every other week and in mid-March, will start going every week until the baby is born. Whew! We will be busy busy busy!

The kids are doing well. Kaela hasn't been whiny since that major breakdown a couple of weeks ago. Kyle is starting to be more mischievous. He is playing around more at dinner time and always flashes his cute smile when he knows he is in trouble. Kevin is getting excited about his birthday coming up and keeps showing me the Lego website. Today when Ris was over, he made sure to show her too.

With us at the funeral service, I thought Keith would take advantage of us being gone and work late. But, he called my cell at his regular 5:30. He finished his projects and decided to come home. He had been slightly stressed about this project because he was kind of "stuck", but today everything just fell into place. I always feel so good for him (and proud) when he reports such things.

Well, I guess I should get going. Keith and I have only been home together for less than an hour. We need our together time. Goodnight!

No comments: