Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Friday, February 18, 2005

The GD Diet is Going Well

All my blood sugar levels were within range today. It is the first time that all the numbers have been within the "ideal" range. I started on the insulin yesterday. I'm not sure if it is the insulin or the diet or a combination of both that is helping. I am not quite eating everything the dietitian wanted me to, so I am a bit short on the calories. I am keeping away from the starches because those are what I have the most trouble with. I am dying for a blueberry muffin with butter. Yum! We did have salmon with lemon and angel hair pasta with tomato basil Parmesan. I had very little pasta, but a lot of salmon.

Tomorrow night Keith and I are going out fro date night. I am tempted to chuck the diet out the window for the night, but I know I shouldn't, especially since my numbers were so good today. I am craving a nice thick steak, maybe I shall load up on the proteins. My mom was telling me about a doctor at the hospital that lost a lot of weight by eating mainly steak and salad. I don't know how his cholesterol fared though.

The kids have been good all week. So, I would have to say that this was a good week. I didn't get much accomplished around the house, but sometimes that's just how it goes.

We are thinking about going to Disneyland not next week, but the following week for Kaela's birthday. It is a bit early, but I don't know that I can walk around much if we go any later. We want to go before she turns three because she would still be free to get in. If we went on her birthday, we would have to pay the child's admission (which runs close to $40!). Kevin hasn't been to Disneyland since we went for his 3rd birthday. He still remembers what fun he had. It was a good time.

It rained today and is expected to rain all the way through Wednesday. It was so gloomy out that I felt lazy. I ended up taking about a 45 minute nap. I woke with a start because I had napped so soundly. Usually, I wake every few minutes from kid noises. I didn't wake from any during my nap, so when I did wake, my heart did a slight skip and I bolted up to local the kids. Kevin and Kaela were at the computer cruising websites. I was just about to ask where Kyle was when I looked down next to me (I was on the couch), and there he was - asleep on one of the couch cushions on the floor.

We have a few videos to watch. We have Ray, Vanity Fair & The Notebook. They are mostly "girlie" movies, not exactly Ray, but Keith says he'll probably enjoy them too.

I suppose that is it for now. Good night!

No comments: