Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Sunday, February 6, 2005

Refreshed

Ah! What a nice evening Keith and I had. Ris got here at 5 last night and we left shortly thereafter.

We headed down to the Mexican restaurant. We had a short wait. We got seated next to the windows that opened up to the banquet hall. There was a wedding reception going on and we got to people watch. The food took a long time to get to us. We figured because of the reception and another large party that was there for a birthday. The restaurant was full. We decided that maybe when they are busy like that the service and food isn't as good as on a weeknight. Keith enjoyed his food, but the carnitas I ordered were a bit on the dry side. I had ordered them again because when I got them the first time, it was tender and moist. It's hard to find good carnitas cooked this way. But, we did manage to snarf down three basket of chips. Now those were yummy!

After our dinner, we headed to Borders and looked at books. That was fun. I ended up getting Jennifer Weiner's second book. I really enjoyed her first one. The book I got was the smaller sized pocket book. The same title (also paper back), in the larger size was $6 more. So, I decided to save $6 and get the "pocket" version. Keith got a computer book and I also threw in a bargain book "Art, A field guide". I am a sucker for cheap books packed with trivia. I looked at the book last night before bed and liked it a lot.

After Borders, we went to the movies. We had an hour to kill before our movie, so we went to the coffee shop next door. Little did we know that it was a cash only place. We hardly ever carry cash these days. So, since the coffee was already poured, they gave it to us free. But, Keith just felt awful about it. I remembered that we had a bunch of coins in the car and he ran to the car and got the coins. He did end up paying for the coffee. There was an ATM machine in the coffee shop, but the cashier didn't point it out to Keith. As Keith the the cashier were having the cash only discussion, two guys in line looked at each other and then walked over to the ATM. My question is why doesn't every place except debit/credit cards? It isn't a big expense to the merchant. Who uses cash? Even McDonald's takes credit cards. My cousin who has a home business excepts credit cards. At any rate, it was nice of the cashier to give Keith the coffee for free.

After coffee, we went to the movies. We say Hide and Seek. I figured the movie out from the preview I had seen. But a good movie anyway. I think I liked it more than Keith.

After the movie, we were going to go to Denny's to splurge on hot fudge sundaes, but we were way too full still. So, we went home. Ris left shortly after we got home. She stays up late and doesn't mind going home so early in the morning, even though there is a nice air bed that she can sleep on.

Today we woke to rain. The day has been lazy lazy. We always like that. Kevin is upstairs and Kaela and Kyle are both napping. This morning, we all hung out in bed. The kids were jumping all over Keith and Kyle just sat there and laughed and laughed at all of them. Kyle sure is a happy boy. He is always laughing and smiling.

Karensa called today. We had a nice chat on the phone. Keith got to talk to her for quite a long time. They were coming back from a ski weekend with their church. What a fun life they have!

Okay, that's all for now. Kaelie has been really good this entire weekend. Hopefully we can continue to have a good week.

No comments: