Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Saturday, February 5, 2005

It's Date Night

Well, I never did post a follow up to my appointment. Yesterday afternoon, when I was going to post, was not good. The kids had me so burned out that I didn't know what to post. All I had was negative things to say. But, after a pep talk from Mom, Maria and Keith, I feel so much better today. Also the fact that Keith is home to help out with the kids is also a blessing. And, Ris is driving up here again so Keith and I can have date night.

So, let me roll back a couple of days to update you.

My appointment went well on Thursday. The wait was short and the doctor dialogued more with me this time. It was as f he had read my blog about the appointment feeling like a waste of time. He said that the baby is looking good. He had to chase her a bit to get a reading on her heartbeat. She wouldn't stay still. When he finally caught up with her, her heart rate was fast and then it eventually slowed down. He said that was a good sign of a nice, healthy, strong heart. He finally gave me a prescription for test strips so that I can monitor my blood sugar levels. Also, he wants to see me every two weeks. So, we got those appointments all scheduled. He also informed me that the diagnostic center will probably have me coming in every two weeks for amino fluid level checks and for non stress tests. Hopefully I can get these appointments scheduled all at the same times as the doc appointments so that I don't have to stress about finding someone to watch the kids.

Thursday afternoon was okay. After the appointment, we (me, Ris and the kids) went to Island's for lunch. The kids did really well and didn't act up (not they they ever do, but you just never know how Kyle is going to act). They ate all their food and Ris and I only ate half our burgers, but pigged out on the fries. Island's fries are yummy!

After lunch, we went to Joann's. Well, I did. Ris waited in the car with the kids and Iran in to buy Valentine's fabric to make a tablecloth. We are going to have a Valentine's dinner with decorations and all. I am looking forward to it.

After Ris left, Kyle went down for a nap and the kids and I worked in the garage tidying up and putting things back on shelves. Keith came home a few hours later, and it was just a relief to have him here. We put the kids to bed right at 8:30 and Keith and I snuggled on the couch and watched The Apprentice and ER. It was so nice to just relax on the couch with the house nice and quiet.

Friday was a tough day. I felt like all I did was yell. Kaela had a huge crying fit that lasted more than half an hour. I felt so awful and out of control. But, like I said, I got a few pep talks and felt so much better and of course, my knight in shining armor came and once again rescued me.

Today, is SO much better. I haven't yelled once and Michaela is being THE perfect little angel. I am not exactly sure what it is. Maybe she got all her crying out of her system. Maybe it was the pep talks. Or maybe it's because Keith is here, or maybe it is because I am paying more attention to her, or maybe it is just a good day. I'm not sure, but it sure does feel nice.

Keith and I cleaned up the house a bit today. Keith did all the gross stuff and I did the easier stuff. He deep cleaned the downstairs bathroom and cleaned up the microwave (it was looking really really bad). He also scrubbed the countertops. I vacuumed, did a load of laundry and cleared out the downstairs closet.

I think I had mentioned maybe getting a house cleaning service to come in and clean for us. Well, we finally got a quote and a service we were happy with and he starts on Thursday. He is going to clean the entire house and will come every other week. His quote was $20-50 less than what everyone else had quoted for the same services. He seems like a good guy and had some good references. We are not locked into a contract, so I think we shall give it a try.

On to date night. Tonight we are headed to he Mexican restaurant we went to down by the mission. Then we are going to hang out at the bookstore (or something along those lines). Then off to the movies and then somewhere after the movie for dessert. I will definitely report on it later.

Here is a kid update. Kyle is napping. Kaela is playing legos and watching Kevin play on the Hot Wheels website. Kevin is well, I just said that. Before that he was playing with legos. They really are enjoying the legos. Kaela is doing well snapping the pieces together. Kevin at that age was having trouble doing it. Kyle was sweet as pi this morning. Full of smiles and laughs. He is so adorable.

ttfn!

No comments: