Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Sunday, February 20, 2005

What A Great Weekend

Yesterday was really rainy. Keith and the kids stayed home most of the day. I made a trip to Joann's. They were having a sale on Easter stuff, so I wanted to get some decorations for the kid's Easter birthday party. I got some really good deals on stuff, and, can you believe it, I didn't go overboard!

Last night, we had our last date night for awhile. We went to Office Depot and got Keith a new hard drive (200GB). It was "a smokin' deal" (one of Keith's sayings). Then we headed to Claim Jumper for steaks. Our wait was quoted as 1 hour 15 to 1 hour 30. So, we walked around the little mall. We went to Party City to look at party stuff for the kids. Keith ended up buying the kids some stickers - Dora for Kaela and military planes for Kevin. After that, we stopped by a coffee shop. I had some Iced Tea, which was very good with a somewhat flowery taste, but still bitter. Keith had a small coffee with one shot. It was just to tide us over until we could be seated. We timed it just right because when we got there, we were next.

We both got Prime Rib although I had ordered a Rib Eye Steak. They were the same price. We were being helped by a new server that was being trained. She did mess a few things up, but nothing too bad. She was really nice and the other servers helping her were especially nice and attentive to us. We both had fun at dinner. We enjoyed our conversation and just enjoyed being with each other. It is amazing that we are all smiles and lovey dovey as if we were still dating.

After dinner, we went back to the car where I check my blood sugar and shot myself up with insulin. My numbers had been good all day and with the dinner I had, my numbers were still within range. I got roasted vegetables (as opposed to my usual potato side dish) and for my bread choice I got a sourdough roll and only ate half. Keith got the mashed potatoes and cheese toast. I would have loved to grab those potatoes off his plate, but I refrained. My veggies were really yummy.

After monitoring, we then went to have dessert. I was hoping that Baker's Square had some kind of low sugar dessert, but they didn't. Keith convinced me (although it wasn't hard to) to just enjoy myself because I had been doing so good. Keith ordered the European Truffle Pie (chocolate, chocolate, chocolate - of course), and I ordered a French Silk. I could have gotten a small slice, but opted for the full slice. It seemed really sweet to me. I wondered if it was because I hadn't had anything sweet for more than a week.

We ended up coming home after dessert because we couldn't think of any movies that we wanted to watch at $10 a ticket. Everything that is out right now we decided could wait for video.

That was last night. A night of good food and wonderful conversation.

Today, I went to the Scrapbook Expo. I had a lot of fun. I was supposed to take three classes, but my second class was cancelled because the class materials were lost somewhere on a UPS truck. They refunded our money and are going to ship the class materials (plus a little extra) to us at home. I liked my other two classes and got some really neat stuff and ideas from them. I ended up going a bit over my budget at the exhibits. I picked up a new magazine subscription at a really good price. I got some of the new scrapbook trends. This time I resisted buying lots of supplies (mainly paper) because I haven't scrapped in a while. I did see this new product that used fabric that I thought I could replicate without having to buy their kit. So, there is a new use for my fabric.

I was at the Expo the entire day and got home in time for dinner. Keith made a very delicious beef and vegetable soup. Did I say it was delicious? Dinner was once again enjoyable.

Well, I guess that summarizes our weekend up until now. Keith has Monday off. Yippee! We are not sure if we are going to do anything in particular, but just having Keith home is really really nice.

No comments: