Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Is it really Thursday already?

Gosh, this week has gone by fast. I feel like I slept most of it away. The kids have been getting up early and I have been going to bed late. So, I end up napping on the couch for much longer than I would like. It feels like my days are flying by.

Yesterdays appointment was good. I did learn some good info. The blood sugar levels they want me to maintain are reasonable. I felt it impossible when going through GD with Kyle and a bit with Kaela too. But with this program, they want me to be within a specific range. It seems more manageable. Plus, the calorie intake in my diet plan is higher, so I don't feel like I will be starving. Then again, I haven't exactly started yet.

The house cleaning service will be here today. I have cleared most of the first floor of the clutter so that they can come in and really get every nook and cranny cleaned. I did that last night and again stayed up late (2am). This is the only time I can get things done I feel. I also seem to be at my best in the wee hours.

The kids have been pretty good. Kaela hasn't been whiny so much and when she does, I quickly correct her and ask her to use a regular voice. She has been pretty good at doing so.

Kevin's stuttering seems to be at its worst. I think pointing it out to him made him more aware of it. Now, when he has a problem with what he is trying to say, he kind of gives up on what he wanted to tell me. I encourage him to finish telling me what he wanted to and then we try to repeat it with me saying it slowly. He repeats it perfect every time, but has trouble getting out. I didn't think that initially pointing it out was a good idea, but all the current literature from the "experts" said that I should. I called our insurance because we want to get him into a speech therapy program, but it isn't covered unless the speech problems are related to a medical problem (cleft plate, or damage to vocal cords for example). The rep from insurance said that many schools have speech therapy. But, we wanted to address it prior to Kevin going to Kindergarten. Maybe I'll try to work with him more before school starts.

Kyle (I think I have mentioned this) is getting a little chubby. Well, that really isn't the correct word. He doesn't have excess fat, but I can see that he has more fat on him than he did say at Christmas time. He is so cute though. So huggable and lovable. Always smiling and laughing. Life is just a happy, funny place for him. He runs now, really well. He is solid on his feet when he does it, and he is pretty fast!

Okay, I should rap this up. But, I just wanted to make a comment about The Amazing Race. I am disappointed that Freddy and Kendra won. I really wanted Kris and Jon to win. Kendra was such a snob. She totally disrespected the poorer countries and even went so far as to say that India was dirty, disgusting, poor and that "these people just keep reproducing". She said it with a look of disgust on her face. Kris on the other hand only had nice things to say about the people and countries that they went to. Kris and Jon were just such a pleasure to watch with all those other teams that were mean and disrespectful to each other. Okay. That's my 2 cents.

Off to straighten up the house! Bye!

No comments: