Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Saturday, April 30, 2005

My Pleasure Center

After reading my posts, can you tell that food is one of things I like the most?

Keith says that if he wants to make me happy, all he needs to do is indulge me in my favorite foods. He also knows that if I am grumpy or in a bad mood and I have a food urge, he just has to satisfy it and all is right with the world.

Some of my best memories are triggered by food. When I think of certain foods, I think of certain people. I had no idea my older sister's favorite cereal was Captain Crunch. So, now I think of her when I see it. I also think of her when I have cake with butter cream frosting. My younger sister I think of when I see Liver and Onions on a menu - every so often she orders it. Kare Kare (a Filipino dish) always makes me think of my parents - I only like it the way they make it. I think of Mom whenever I make her gingered carrots and her coleslaw. I think of my Grandma whenever I cut a banana in half for my kids. She would eat half a banana almost everyday. I think of Karensa when I use Nutella. I think of my brother-in-law Paul whenever I use Paprika because he and Karensa gave Mom some really good Hungarian Paprika which confused the heck out of me because he is Ukrainian and for some reason Hungarian Paprika given by a Ukrainian was too much for me to process! I kept thinking Paul was Hungarian and the Paprika was from the Ukraine. I think of my kids around carrots, apples and peanut butter. That's what they love to snack on (not all at once!). I think of Keith often because of all the hundreds of places we've dined at, well, that's not exactly true. I think of Keith often because he is always on my mind.

Ah, food!

No comments: