Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, April 4, 2005

Day Three and All is Great!

Wow! McKenna is now three days old and has been home for two. She is doing well and so are we. Michaela is still in love with her Baby Sister. She constantly says how cute she is and how little she is. Kyle is as interested as ever. He wants to watch everything we do with her. If she is eating, he is right there and if she is napping, he is right there looking at her face. When she is awake, he laughs and points and is as proud as can be. Kevin keeps proclaiming himself the big brother and the great helper. He wants to help me with all the kids. Keith is staying home for a few days while we adjust. I am surprisingly rested. I have gotten much more sleep than I thought I would be getting. Keith has really helped out a lot. I think when he goes back to work on Thursday, we will just be fine here at home. McKenna sleeps a lot, which is really nice.

Today, she went out on her first official outing. We did McD's drive through then to Babies R Us for bassinette sheets and formula. Well, it was really just me. I went in and everyone else waited in the car. Kenna and Kyle were asleep. Next was CostCo. This time it was me, Kevin and Kaela. The little ones were still sleeping. On our way back, Kevin and Kaela fell asleep and Kyle was awake. We stopped at Dairy Queen. Everyone was a awake for that one, so I guess Dairy Queen is McKenna's first public appearance. Kevin's first was CostCo at two days old. Kaela's was Cotija's at one day old. Kyle was Gabe's at one day old. Notice the food trend?

After Dairy Queen, we headed to the park. The "older" kids had a good time. There were three older kids (maybe 7 or so) that were mean to Kevin and Kaela when we first got there. But, somehow as the time progressed, two of the boys were following Kevin and playing with him. One of them even apologized to Kevin for being mean. I'm not sure how that all transpired, but Kevin said that the boy apologized to him. When he left, we heard him saying goodbye to Kevin.

After the park, we headed home and had dinner, cleaned up a bit and then relaxed in front of the TV. Right now the kids are watching GlobeTrekker with Daddy. They are up late, but it has been such a great day that we aren't pushing them to get to bed. We have decided to have a great family time these days while Keith is off. No heavy duty work around the house, just relaxing and having fun.

No comments: