Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Happy Birthday to Me!

Well, today I am 35, and I don't feel a day over, well, 35! Today has started out really well. It started really really early with Kenna and me hanging out from 1:45 - 3:30am. We watched Oprah - which I had meant to watch during the day, but completely forgot. So, we caught the last 15 minutes. Then at 2:00 we switched to America's Store (an at home shopping channel). We caught the entire Scrapbooking hour and then about half an hour of their Sewing hour. Good thing they show these things in the early early morning, or I would never get to see it. After eating 6 ounces of formula and an outfit change after her spitting up, she finally fell asleep. She (and Kyle) mercifully let me sleep until 7:45. The morning has flown by and all I have been doing is sitting in front of my computer. Well, I did feed the kids breakfast. McKenna went immediately back to sleep after having her bottle. And can you believe Kyle is already down for his nap? I see his molars are breaking through on the bottom (the tops broke through last week), maybe that's why he is sleeping. Most kids are in pain crying and carrying on (my cousin told me her friend's daughter was in so much pain she was banging her head on the floor to try to ease it), but mine just sleep. Which is a good thing - all is quiet right now.

I have gotten some really nice birthday cards in the mail and got a couple of birthday phone calls this morning. Keith left me a few birthday messages. There was one on the message board on the fridge, a voicemail on my cell, and a really nice birthday e-mail. I opened my present from Mom. I got some really nice foot lotion, foot scrub and a foot brush/pumice. Just last night I was thinking of giving myself a pedicure. Also in the package was a Silpat - which I have wanted since I first used Mom's to bake, a Hershey's Cocoa cookbook, in which everything looks SO yummy and a gift card to shop! What a great present. Thanks Mom! I am going to have shopping with all the gift cards and money I got. Maybe I'll ask Keith if I can take a few hours to myself this weekend to shop. I need new clothes I think. I took an inventory of my clothes and I don't have anything decent to wear out in public. All my warm weather clothes have suddenly become old and worn. Well, I guess since most of the stuff s from when Keith and I first started dating, it isn't suddenly old and worn.

Yesterday, I did a TON of laundry and sorting through of clothes. I did about six desperately needed loads of laundry. I had two huge piles (one in my bedroom and one in the garage) of laundry that I have been meaning to do, but when I was pregnant, I just didn't have the strength or energy to do it. But, after all that I did yesterday, I feel like I am in the nesting phase. Isn't that supposed to happen before the baby is born?

Tonight is Survivor, Apprentice and an "all new ER". My favorite TV night! We are going to have Peppino's for dinner. I love their Linguine Imperiale. Then we might walk down to Dairy Queen for dessert. Sounds like fun.

Well, I am off to do more laundry. Bye!

No comments: