Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Mom's Visit Has Been Nice

Mom flew in on Friday. It was so nice to see her. We were all really hungry by the time we got to our area and we went to Souplantation. I really like the place and Mom had never been there. Unfortunately, she had something in her salad that didn't taste so fresh. It pretty much ruined her lunch.

When we finally got home, Kyle went down immediately for a nap and Kevin and Kaela took up most of Mom's time. They read books and drew pictures all afternoon. I hadn't gotten Mom's room put together, so while the little ones napped and Mom and the bigger kids were spending time together, I straightened out my massive loads of laundry and boxes so that Mom could have room to maneuver in the guest room (which we have been using as a storage room).

After Keith came home, we had take out Indian food. I had been craving Indian food for a few days so, I really really enjoyed it. Before we knew it, it was time for the kids to go to bed. Keith, Mom and I watched Hotel Rwanda; a good, but really sad movie. I cried too many times to count and was embarrassed to be so ignorant of the situation over there. I had thought that the wars and genocide occurred in the 50s or 60s. All this took place in the 90s. Over 1 million people died and we (America) did nothing. What a dreadful thought.

I'm not sure how to switch back into "what we did this weekend" thoughts after commenting on the movie. So, I will just jump right back in and get back to my movie commentary another time.

Saturday morning (today) started early. Kenna and I were up before 6am and Kevin then Kaela came down to join us soon after. Kevin's first words were, "Where's Grandma?" Mom came down just after Kaela did. Keith was snoring away upstairs as was Kyle. I finally went back up just after 7 and woke Keith so that I could take a short nap before the day started. Kyle woke just about when Keith did.

I finally got up and we all headed out into the neighborhood for the neighborhood garage sale. We opted not to sell because we just weren't read and Mom is here for the weekend. We would much rather have had fun spending time with Mom. We weren't going to spend a lot of money, but we ended up getting some good deals. We bought a new kitchen nook for $20, a new computer monitor for $10, a bike for Kevin for $4 and a Sit and Spin for the kids for $1. We thought we did pretty good. Kevin got a free little plastic jet from the neighbor down the street.

After garage saleing, we had lunch. Then Keith and Mom took the kids to the park while I stayed home with Kenna. My Mom and Dad and sister came up to visit Mom and the grandkids (they didn't mention Keith and me in their reason for a visit!). Before dinner, we all hung out and each had a Mai Tai. We had salmon burgers, a tortellini pasta salad and carrots for dinner. They brought a Red Ribbon Cake. Yum yum yum!

The rest of the night was pretty much hanging out. Mom and Keith watched U-571 and I surfed. It has been a nice time, as always our time together has been too short. Mom leaves tomorrow. But! She will be back this time next month along with Grandma Fischer. Yeah!

No comments: