Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, April 11, 2005

My Healthy Boys!

Today the boys had their appointments. Kevin was in for his 5 year and Kyle for his 18 month.

The appointment went well and both are healthy. The doctor says they are in excellent health.

She told me that the school district provides free speech therapy for kids over 3 that reside within the school district. I will call them today to inquire about getting Kevin evaluated.

Both boys got their immunizations updated. I couldn't believe the size of the needles. Kyle got three shots and Kevin got four (three immunizations and one TB test). The needles were about two inches long and they sunk them all the way in! Kyle went first. His first needle stick he didn't cry at all, but the next two he sure did. My poor boy. He was easy to soothe though. Kevin was next. He immediately started to panic and insisted that he didn't want any shots. I had to hold him down while he got his sticks. He was crying even before he got his first stick. By the end, he was very upset. He cried, "I never want to come back here ever again! Never ever!" He kept repeating the "never ever" part. But, I had to gently explain that we had to come back in two days for them to look at the TB test and that Kenna had her appointment on Friday. Poor Kevin. It took about 10 minutes of holding him and telling him that it was going to be okay before he finally stopped crying. He should be done with his shots for a very long time now.

Let's see. Kyle weighs 25 lbs, 3 oz (45th percentile) and Kevin is 44 lbs (75th percentile). Kyle is 32 1/4 inches tall (50th percentile) and Kevin is 43 1/2 inches (70th percentile). Both Kevin and Kaela weighed 25 pounds at 18 months. Kevin was 30 inches, and Kaela was 31 inches at 18 months. Kyle so far is the tallest at this age. It'll be interesting to see how McKenna falls into all of this when she is at this age.

No comments: