Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Why can't my Son say Mama?!?!?!

So, at Kyle's 18 month exam, the doc was slightly concerned that Kyle wasn't talking much, but after asking a few questions, she thought he was fine and not in danger of having speech delays. He isn't saying much verbally, but since he understand everything we say and points and grunts when he wants something or sees something interesting, the doc says not to worry. Kevin at this age was saying more than 40 words and Kaela was at about 30. Kyle can say 5. Yup, five. They are in order of appearance: Dadee, Bye, Tickle Tickle, Higheee and Baby.

So, he and I are together practically 24/7 and he says what - Dadee??? (This has been explained in a previous post, I know.) And Hi and Bye - typical toddler talk. He clearly says "Tickle Tickle" - maybe because of his "jokester" nature. But okay, so, McKenna is only 3 1/2 weeks old and Kyle can say, "Baby." Excuse me???? Where is "Mama"?

OH sure, he'll repeat the sounds, mama and any other weird sound, blah blah, do do do, and so on, but he uses the above mentioned five words in context. Dadee is Keith. Baby is McKenna. I guess I should be consoled that he doesn't say Kaela and Kevin, but I am not.

(Just to let you know, since this is text and you can't see the expressions on my face as I write this, I am not mad about it. I find it as amusing as you all do.)

No comments: