Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, April 25, 2005

Augh! The Price of Gas

Last night I finally filled my gas tank after driving around a few days putting it off because of the high gas prices. Well, my "low fuel" light finally came on, and I was forced to get gas. I decided after watching the gas prices the last few days that I should just go ahead and fill the entire tank. So, I pull into the gas station and the pump I pick shows the amount the person before me paid. $53. I thought, "Wow, this poor person had to pay $53 for gas." So, I start pumping and I know that it is going to take awhile since my tank is bone dry. After a bit, I peek at the pump $48. Okay, I am getting close to the other person's $53, so I watch the gauge. 51, 52, 53, 54, 55. It shows no sign of stopping. I am getting worried... 58, 69, 60. "Oh geez," I moan to myself. 61, 62, 63. I can't take it anymore. I finally stop the pump at $65. The darn thing had no signs of stopping. $65 for a tank of gas in which I had to stop the pump myself. Augh! The price of gas.

No comments: