Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Sunday, April 24, 2005

My Birthday Continued...

Well, Keith did manage to get off work early and we all headed off to the local mall. We had a lot of fun (as always). First, we ate at the Cheesecake Factory. It was our first dining out experience with all four kids. It worked out really well as the older kids were all well behaved. McKenna slept the entire time in her car seat/stroller. The kids shared a popcorn shrimp appetizer and Keith and I split a Navajo sandwich. Yum! We didn't have a heavy meal since it was only 4pm and we thought that maybe we would be eating more later (which we did).

After Cheesecake Factory, we went to Cold Stone and we all had ice cream - again, Yum! We sat on a bench and watched people go by as we ate ice cream. Since it was still fairly early, there weren't the huge crowds that we had experienced before at this mall. It was raining earlier in the day, maybe people decided not to venture out. After ice cream, Keith, Kevin, Kaela and Kyle went on the train that runs through the mall. After the train ride, we strapped Kyle back into the stroller and the two little ones and I strolled around while Keith and the big kids took a few spins on the giant Ferris wheel. After that, we walked around a bit, went to the chocolatier and had chocolate. Keith had a short espresso. It was extremely strong, just the way he likes it. After chocolate, Kaela and I went on the carousel. So, Kaela rode on all three attractions. Even though it was my birthday celebration, the kids seemed to have the best time - not that Keith and I didn't. We had a great time doing all these fun things with the kids. It was a great way to spend the afternoon. We finally left around 7pm and the kids went to bed at their usual time.

We sat on the couch for awhile and watched TV. Keith gave me a really nice foot massage then we went to bed. Kenna gave me a nice break. She slept the entire night! We got up at 6am. She fell back asleep soon after eating and I got to go back to bed. Keith woke me at 9:30am for my day of shopping.

I got to spend the entire day yesterday all to myself. I went shopping with all the gift cards and money I got. I had a really nice time. I went shopping for clothes, but didn't buy any. I did end up using most of my birthday funds on the rest of the family and things for the house. Keith got some new shirts and a new belt. Kaela got a new summery outfit. The boys got socks. I bought two hanging plants for the front of the house by the door. I finally got a new mouse for my laptop (I killed mine - it was a horrible death). I did use my Joann's gift certificate for fabric, but I ended up buying the kids fabric for pillow cases. I paid practically full price on theirs so it consumed half of my gift card. But, I did end up getting some really nice fabric to add to my stash. While shopping, I had lunch at the Indian restaurant. Yum! (Can you tell I love to eat?)

Today is just a typical Sunday. Keith and I are computing and the kids are playing. The house is a mess and we have eaten just whatever we feel like scrounging up. Sunday business as usual here at the Fischer house. Relaxing away.

No comments: