Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Saturday, April 2, 2005

McKenna is Here!


McKenna - Born 04/01/05

McKenna is here! After all that hoping and wishing, the doc finally said that she/we were ready.

Here are the quick stats:
  • Date of Birth: Friday, April 1, 2005
  • Time of Birth: 1:37 pm
  • Weight: 7 pounds, 1 ounce
  • Length: 18 1/2 inches

Here is a more in depth play by play (in case you are interested): Keith took the day off and came with me to my NST and doctor's appointment. The NST went fine, uneventful as usual. We went to Starbucks for coffee in between appointments. Then we headed to the doc's office.

During the exam he found that I was already 6 cm dilated and decided to admit us to the hospital. We got into a LDP room at 11:25am. They hooked me up to the IV and introduced Pitocin at a slow rate. My mom showed up around 12:30. By this point, I was having no pain, but the monitors were picking up contractions. Mom went to the cafeteria to get some food. The doc came by around 5 minutes to 1pm. He decided to break my water. Keith went down to get Mom from the cafeteria. By the time they got back to room, the contractions started to get a bit stronger and then even stronger and faster. The contractions were about three minutes apart. I asked for an epidural. The nurse checked me and I was at 8cm. She called both the doc and the anesthesiologist. By the next contraction the doc was there and he said I was ready. I said that I had to push! They were dismantling the bed and getting the stirrups up and the doctor told me not to push and that he could see her hair. They barely got my legs into the stirrups, I gave one push and out she popped. 1:37pm. I was so happy when she was finally out, the pain stopped instantly. I guess I can't complain about a less than two hour labor. We spent the night and left around lunch the next day (today).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I am sooo happy to see her! What a beautiful daughter. Wow, what a birth story...another quickie. :-)
Glad everything went well.

Love,
Alma

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I'll be seeing you on the 4th!! :) Hello, Mc Kenna!!!!

Love,
Auntie Ris

Anonymous said...

Michelle,

It was wonderful to hear from you and see that you have another beautiful addition to your family. We must get together.

Love,

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! You know that picture of you and McKenna is so awesome it made me well up! You look great!

Congrats! See you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Yippee, it is a complete bunch...Congratulations to you all...great looking family.

carney