Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Come Out, Come Out!

Caution: This post is mainly about pregnancy related stuff, so if you wanna skip the gory details, just skip this post.

Well, I had another doc appointment yesterday, as well as, an NST. The NST went well. This little girl is as happy as can be in there. She moved and had a nice strong heartbeat. That appointment went really fast since she cooperated and they got the numbers and proof they needed that she was just fine. I had about an hour to kill before my doc's appointment, so I went to Starbucks. I had a Mocha and a chocolate crossaint. Of course, chocolate leaked out all over my shirt.

My doc appointment went well too. He said I have lost a total of 8 pounds. So, I weigh eight pounds less that I did before I got pregnant. I lost 5 pounds since last week. I have no idea how this is possible because I have not been following my diet nor have I been monitoring my sugars. As far as I can tell, I have eaten more this week that I have any week all through the pregnancy. They have been weighing me on the same scale, so it isn't a factor of the scales being off.

I also had another vaginal exam. He poked around in there pretty good and said that it may cause me to go into labor (it sometimes happens), but wouldn't you know it, not a darn thing. She is still snug as a bug in there. I am now 90% effaced, at -2 station and 4 cm dilated! He had me set an appointment for Friday morning (Kevin's birthday). If I have progressed to 5 cm, he is going to admit me to the hospital and break my water. Technically he is not supposed to induce me, but I think he can sense my frustration. He said that when he admits me, he will just tell them I am showing signs of delivery and then go from there. So, we may have two kids with the same birth date. Kevin insists this is fine for him.

Well, off to do laundry and to get the house tidy before we head to the hospital. Dad is coming over to start spending the nights here in case I do go into labor before Friday. Mom seems to think that it will happen before Friday.

I have to still pack our overnight bag and get the baby's bassinette together. I can't find the mattress for the bassinette. I wonder where it can be???

No comments: