Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, March 21, 2005

Almost a Week Has Passed

Oh My! The time is really flying at super sonic speed. And, since I haven't written in a while, I can't seem to remember what has been going on! We are getting ready for the baby. I built the bassinette and tonight we are thinking about moving Kyle out of our room and into the kids' room. We are going to see how that all goes. Last night he woke up from all the noise I was making (will tell you about it in the next paragraph or so). So, he slept in our bed. A King sized bed shrinks to a really small sliver when you have a kid in it with you. He had to sleep perpendicular to both me and Keith. He also had to keep checking to see if I was awake. He kept putting both hands on me and I would wake to his face just inches from mine. He finally settled in about 4:30 or so. By this time, Keith and I had moved to either edge of the bed and Kyle had the entire middle section.

Skip over this paragraph if you have a weak stomach.... I am not sure what happened last night with me, but I woke with a start because I guess I was barfing. It was nothing like I had ever experienced, but fluid (am assuming all the soda I had consumed before bed) rushed up my throat and up into my nose. Ouch! I had never had such a thing happen. I ran to the bathroom and tried to flush out my nose and throat from the horrible acid taste. I had never had anything shoot up my nose like that before. It was very unpleasant. Kyle woke from my nose blowing (according to Kevin and Kaela, it sounds like a trumpet). I tried to be more quiet and waited for Kyle to stop crying before I went back to bed, but he just kept crying. So I picked him up.

I had had a lot of Coke because Keith and I got to go out, and I just indulged on the Coke. We went out to dinner at the new teriyaki place that opened up down the street and then we went to Toys R Us to get the kids' birthday presents. But, with it being a Sunday, it was closed at 7pm. So we went to WalMart and being extremely disappointed, headed to Target instead. We ended up getting Kevin a Power Ranger's tee shirt, a green baseball cap (with an army insignia on it), and some army legos (not real legos, but they are supposed to be compatible). We got Kaela four new coloring books, her own set of 48 crayons, fairy princess pjs, and Hello Kitty stickers. We were happy with what we got and ended up not spending a ton of money.

Let's see. Yesterday Keith took Kevin and Kaela to the park while Kyle napped. I worked on my client stuff. After the park, they went to Dairy Queen and they brought me back a small Oreo blizzard. Yum! The kids had so much fun with Keith. In the morning, Keith got his hair cut and then went to the grocery store to buy us lunch. He bought breakfast food thinking we'd enjoy breakfast for lunch, but while he was gone, we ate. So, we are saving the stuff for another day. He also came home with some beautiful flowers for me. He is so sweet.

I did have another appointment today. Everything looks good and I have lost a total of three pounds. I haven't dilated any more than last week, but I have effaced a bit more. He said that the painful contractions I experienced all weekend ( a 6 on a scale of 1 to 10) were a result of my cervix effacing. This hospital doesn't usually induce, unless it is medically necessary, and they don't do it until you reach 39 weeks. So, I probably won't be induced. Darn! I hope she hurries and shows her pretty little face. I want her out...

Keith's department is throwing him a luncheon on Friday to celebrate the baby. Keith isn't looking forward to it as he hates to have that kind of attention. I think it is very nice that they want to do that for him.

The kids are getting excited about their birthdays and the party. Did I say that Kaela picked out Disney princess plates and Kevin picked out Spiderman plates? They probably won't have cakes on their birthdays. I think we will do cupcakes.

Kyle is grunting and trying to verbalize more. He still says Daddeeee. More and more it sounds like he is actually saying words. I thought he said Mac & cheese. Ris thought he said chair. But, he is really verbal and points. He also does tons of hand gestures (gee, I wonder where that comes from?). He puts his hands up when he wants to say "Where is it?" or "Where'd it go?" He puts his hands up to his mouth (with his mouth in the "Oh" form) when he drops something or does something to warrant an "Oh!". He also uses "Uh Oh" in context. And wow he can run fast. I can't keep up with his pace. His little legs can go a million miles and hour!

Kaela, is well, Kaela. Back to the crying and sensitive girl. But then she is also being all smiley and lovey. You'd think the girl was a Gemini. She has started dressing herself and slipping on her own shoes, but still refuses to use the potty. Oh well, someday. All weekend she was coming up to me and Keith and giving kisses for no reason. She is so cute. She definitely knows the tilt your head and look really cute method of getting things she wants. It works more so on Keith than me. But, she is hard to resist.

Kevin is doing well. He is getting tall. He now wants to be a Blue Angel pilot. He loves jets and is getting really into the planets again. Still loves the Army. We had to explain to him that the Blue Angels were Navy. He wants to play soccer this summer. There is a Spring league that starts in early April, but we don't have the time for that right now. Kevin says, "Mama, if my team loses, I will still have fun." I think that is a great attitude. We are trying to instill in him that even if you try your hardest, you can't always win. The important thing is to do your best and have fun doing it. I think he is getting it.

Tomorrow we are headed south for Jenna's 5th birthday party. I'll tell you about it later.

Well, I guess I should start dinner. Chicken curry tonight. Yum!

Goodnight.

No comments: