Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Sunday, March 6, 2005

The Weekend

Well, this is my third attempt to post. Hmmm. Let's see if I can finally finish.

Friday. The day started off with doctor's appointments. Ris came up to watch the kids. I had a Non Stress Test (my twice weekly - Tuesdays and Fridays). Then, I had a ultrasound. The baby is doing well. She is definitely a She. The doc pointed out her female parts. She is also running around 5 pounds 9 ounces right now which according to statistics is right were she should be. While I was waiting for the ultrasound appointment, Ris called me to tell me that my insulin had fallen out of the fridge and broke. So, after the ultrasound and before my next appointment (regular every other week doc appointment), I went down to the pharmacy for a refill. Well, it was too early for my regular refill, so insurance would not cover it. Apparently some insurance plans will replace lost, damaged or stolen prescriptions, but unfortunately, not ours. I had to pay retail price. It wasn't that bad. I was stressed out because the pharmacy, when I initially filled the prescription, submitted a claim to insurance for $181. So, I thought that the insulin would be costing me that much. But, since I paid cash, it was just under $45. No wonder insurance is not affordable. The pharmacy gets compensated $181 for a $45 bottle of insulin? Why is that???

The doctor's appointment went well. Nothing worth noting. In and out as always. Baby is fine.

Saturday. Well, I had to go back to CostCo on Saturday. Keith invited his coworkers and their families over for a barbecue for Sunday. Well, I told him Sunday would be fine, but what was I thinking??? We got the house clean and the backyard and we had to go out and get more groceries. So, off to CostCo I went for barbecue stuff. I also bought flowers. I like their roses there. Keith watched the kids as I went to CostCo. Who wants to bring all those kids to CostCo on a Saturday? Before going to CostCo, I treated myself to lunch and to Joann's. At Joann's, I bought *surprise* more fabric. 40% off clearance prices. I didn't buy the 100% cottons like I usually do. I bought some polyester blends which were much heavier. I want to try my hand at a "crazy quilt". Saturday night we watch Ju-On. The Japanese version of the Grudge. Keith and I liked the American version of the Grudge much better. Keith went to bed shortly after that, but I stayed up a bit longer to shake the "freaked out" effect of the movie. And Keith had made me an espresso during the movie so I was wide awake from that.

Sunday. The barbecue went well. We have a TON of left over food, which is okay because Maria and the kids are in the area (Dan is teaching a class) and they are coming over to spend the day with us. Dad and Ris are driving up here too. So, we can eat all the yummy leftovers. It was nice to meet Keith's boss and his wife and kids. All the kids played really well together. Keith's boss' older son was a bit bored because all the kids were younger (their youngest is 5). So, the five and youngers played and had lots of fun. But, there was a SpoungeBob Squarepants video to keep the older one occupied. Kevin ended up watching it, even though he said that at first he didn't want to watch.

So, that is our weekend. Tonight there is a National Geographic Special on. In The Womb. Looks interesting. I'll probably report on it later. Nothing new with the kids. I trimmed their hair yesterday. Kevin really does look more handsome with the short hair. I want to grow Kaela's hair out, but she keeps asking me to cut it shorter. Kyle is cute as always.

No comments: