Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, March 28, 2005

All is Well

Easter was really nice. Hectic, but nice. The kids enjoyed the entire weekend.

Maria and the kids came on Thursday night. On Thursday, the cleaners came and the house looked really nice. Friday we all ran errands for the upcoming party this weekend. We went to CostCo and were amazed how crowded the place. I really hate going to CostCo when it is crowded. We ordered the cake and had to go back on Saturday to pick it up.

Friday night we had a birthday dinner for Kaela. We ate off Disney Princess plates and she opened up some of her gifts. She said she wanted corn and carrots for her birthday dinner. We did have carrots and I made salmon and rice. The kids didn't really eat their dinner but really enjoyed the cupcakes we got and the ice cream. Oh well, we couldn't deny them he cupcakes, so we didn't really push the eating dinner part. Doesn't hurt to do that once and awhile. After dinner she opened up her presents. She got lots of really cute clothes and toys and books. She said she had a good birthday.

Saturday was a hang around the house day too. Maria and I did sneak out of the house for a short while and Keith watched all five kids. He said that that was no big deal and the kids were perfect angels for him. Saturday night, Keith and I got to go out for a few hours. Maria stayed home to watch the kids. We just went out to Denny's and sat and talked for a while.

Sunday was Easter and the kid's birthday party. My parents and sister came up early that morning and helped to get the house cleaned up and to do the cooking. Before the party, the kids got dressed in their Easter clothes and took pictures. Guests started showing up right around 1pm. We had a big turn out. I hadn't expected so many people to actually show up since they were all driving from over an hour away. They all hit really bad traffic. There usually is traffic, but I think it was especially heavy since it was Easter. My family and friends were so nice to have come.

We had two Easter egg hunts. One for the "older" kids (all aged 3-5) and the younger kids (two and under). That worked out well and everyone got a bunch of eggs (we had over 130 of them!). They also made pencil toppers and Easter rabbit necklaces. I had some really cute goodie bags for the kids and they all really seemed to like them. They were filled with Easter toys and candy. I bought a lot of stuff from the Oriental Trading company and the goodie bags and crafts ended up costing less than $2 per child which I thought was a good deal.

Maria and the kids left with Ris earlier and me and the kids go the house cleaned. It doesn't even look like we had guests for five days and that we had a big party yesterday. Maybe it is the nesting factor and an indication that the baby may be on her way. I am really getting frustrated that she hasn't been born. Kevin came early and I knew well before hand when Kaela and Kyle were coming. I am just Miss Impatient and can't wait. I am now 38 weeks pregnant. Gosh, I hope she doesn't come late!

Well, I do have a doc's appointment tomorrow. Maybe we will know better tomorrow. I'll keep you posted. Bye for now!

No comments: