Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Red Wine

My parents brought us back a bottle of red wine from Spain. I felt like having a drink. I pulled out one of our wine glasses and I thought, "We need some 'everyday' wine glasses." Not that we drink everyday. Rarely do we drink wine, or alcohol for that matter. The wine glass that I am drinking from has a flared top, very delicate glass and a gold rim. Not really "us". We got it a set of four as a wedding present. They are beautiful wine glasses. I'm scared I may break one. I think I put them on our wedding registry because I thought that one day we *might* have dinner guests. We've never used them for the "dinners" that I had imagined. Good thing we never put fine china on our registry.

I felt like having the wine, just like when I worked, I felt I had to have a cigarette at my 3pm break. All this past year that we have moved back to Southern California, the kids and I have stayed home, only running errands when completely necessary, or when I just had to get out of the house.

With Kevin and Kaela in school, I've been out every week day and have been in more contact with people. Like I said to my friend Julie, "God help me for living in South Orange County."

No one here seems to follow the rules and everyone looks the same. I can't seem to remember which child goes to which mom because the moms all look the same - trendy clothes, manicured toes and perfect hair driving an SUV too big for their family. Cookie cutter soccer moms. Not only do they all look the same, they all break the same rules. I'll try not to get too bithcy about it, but it has to do with the parking in no parking zones and double parking that everyone seems to be doing because they can't get walk their lazy asses with their one child from the street to the classroom. If I can do it with four children, aged five and under, Mrs. Cookie Cutter Soccer Mom can too.

Okay, vent over. Back to the wine.

No comments: