Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Friday, September 2, 2005

Argiope Aurantia


Argiope Aurantia

Yellow Garden Spider. This spider was in our backyard. The yellow section was about an inch long. As creepy as this spider looks, it is not dangerous to humans. It will cause an itchy bite and a small welt, but nothing serious. It is not the same orb weavers that we have up in the trees. This guy (yes it is male - the females are skinnier and longer) lays low about waist high to the kids. Keith found this one. Kevin found his "twin" about five feet away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just stumbled across your blog and i just about screamed and dropped the hot tea that i was/am drinking... your spider-- stoped me in my tracks!

anyways.
continue on.

have a really great day.

(it was an excellent image- though it was also a bit gross by my own deffination.)

-