Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, September 26, 2005

A New Week

Well, today started off a nice week and ended a nice week.

I woke around 7:15 with McKenna. Kyle was in our bed again this morning, although I didn't feel him climb into bed - not that our bed takes much climbing into. I really had no intention of falling back asleep, but around 9, I went to wake Keith and before I knew it, he was up and I was snuggled back into my blankets.

I finally woke after 11am! But, I woke a bit cranky. I had a bad dream about a dog and driving the Expedition and being conned by the vet. Not sure what that was all about.

Anyway, Keith took Kevin to soccer orientation. Kevin did end up playing a little bit. He is on the purple team which Kevin insists doesn't matter, but Keith said he had to convince Kevin to put on the purple shirt when they practiced a bit today. The rest of the team about a dozen kids are right around Kevin's age, maybe a couple of four year olds and they all seem to be at about the same skill level which is purely beginner. Kevin had to kick the ball to Keith and they ran around on the field a bit. Keith thinks Kevin will do just fine.

I tried to put Michaela in pigtails today, but she wouldn't have it. She insisted on only having one ponytail. She watched Cinderella for the millionth time and watched the Dora DVD Ellie gave her. She keeps asking when she is going back to school. Tuesday and Thursday I tell her. Maybe I should crack out a calendar and cross out the days that go by and highlight the days when she is going to go to school. I think she does better when things are visual.

Oh! Kevin started his first fundraiser on Friday. Expect to see an eCard inviting you to purchase something to support Kevin's school. Please don't feel obligated to buy. We have a catalog and these things aren't all that cheap (but they aren't poor quality either).

Kyle. He has been crying and when I ask him what is wrong, he says, "I don't know." Well, at least we know he is learning things from Kevin and Kaela. Not necessarily things I want him to learn, but learning nonetheless. He is loving his trains and is still lining various things up and cleaning up dirt. He knows "dirty" now and can't seem to not let me know if something is dirty - the floor, the wall, his hand.

McKenna is now sitting up really well and can compensate when she leans. She is also scooting backwards. She walks in her walker and sits up in her swing. Her bottom left front tooth finally popped out (barely) and the right on is headed upwards too. She has been sucking on her bottom lip for relief. When she does it, she looks like that picture of Mom's Grandma Crum. The chin is unmistakably from that side of the family. (Please correct me if I am not using the correct family name.)

Today we all went into the spa. It was fun. Keith had gone in with the kids first and then when Kenna woke, she and I headed in. It was a nice hot 99 degrees. Kenna actually enjoyed sitting in the water. She doesn't usually enjoy baths or showers, so I was surprised how long she was in the water. Kevin, Kaela and Kyle are all dunking themselves into the water and swimming. It is nice to see that they like to swim. Maybe we'll look into swim teams if they seem like they like it that much.

Well, I guess I should wrap it up. It's been another nice weekend.

No comments: