Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Saturday, September 24, 2005

A Bunch of Guests

Today turned out to be a nice, fun family visit day. Julie came over yesterday to spend the weekend with us sans children. Julie comes to visit every so often for (according to her) a quiet, relaxing time. The kids LOVE when Auntie Julie comes. She reads to them, does Kaela's hair and pays special attention to each kid. And it is nice for me too! She changes diapers, fixed bottles, entertains kids, makes them breakfast when Keith and I sleep in (I know!). I don't tell the kids until the day before because as soon as they find out, the questions never stop. "Is Auntie Julie here?" "When is Auntie Julie going to be here?" "What is taking Auntie Julie so long to get here?"

Then Julie and I get to go out while Keith graciously watches the kids. Last night Julie and I went to a restaurant that gets quite crowded. But, we anted to eat there so we waited. The wait didn't seem to drag. We talked and sat and then were called. We were seated at the exact same table we sat in last time (which was before our babies were born). We were starved and ordered an appetizer. It was a yummy spicy crab Rangoon. As we got our appetizer, the server said she was going on break and that another server was going to be helping us. So, he was great at refilling our drinks, etc. Julie and I waited and waited for our food. After about (I'm guessing) thirty minutes, the server comes back and asks us if we want dessert. Huh? We told him we hadn't even had our meal yet! He said that there wasn't anything else on order for us, asked us what we ordered and then told us he'd put it in right away and make sure that we were at the top of the list. Well, you better put us at the top of the list! He apologized and left. Soon, the manager came by and offered us apologies and free cheesecake for dessert. Then the server came back and apologized again, then the original server came and apologized because she was the one that messed up the order. Julie and I were in good spirits and were happy that we got so many apologies, and well, free cheesecake. We shared a piece and brought the other piece - Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake - back for Keith for watching the kids. We had a great time there, but this morning, I found that in all the confusion and excitement, I lost my credit card. I called the restaurant and they didn't have it. I searched my purse and car. I didn't have it anywhere. I had to call to cancel it. What a bummer.

Well, today Ris, Mom and Dad came up. The arrived in the early afternoon and we all hung out and socialized. Julie and I went to the grocery store and picked up Rotiserie chicken and some sides, but when everyone else got here, it was decided to have steak. It did end up being really yummy. Dinner was filling. Rib eye steaks, gingered carrots, garlic mashed potatoes, Caesar salad and corn. For dessert we had Red Ribbon cake. Everyone left around 8. The kids went to bed shortly after and I cleaned up the kitchen and played on the internet.

While they were here, Dad and Ris took the beliefnet.com Belief-a-Matic quiz. It determines on this set of questions what your best match of religion is. Dad and Ris scored 100% Roman Catholic. When I took the test, I was 100% mainline to liberal conservative protestant. Only 56% Roman Catholic. Julie scored 100% Orthodox Quaker. At least she was 98% Roman Catholic.

Ris was surfing for a new website host and then all of a sudden, things started installing themselves and something weird started running and before we knew it, the computer was being hijacked. All kinds of shortcuts were attaching themselves onto the desktop and it hijacked the task manager so we couldn't stop it. So, we just shut the computer off and Keith is going to look at it tomorrow. How rude is that? It's like a plumber just walking into your house and installing new plumbing to an outside shower. Something you never asked for, didn't want in your house and didn't need.

Well, it was as always a good day.

No comments: