Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Purge Purge Purge

Well, we've been busy here in the Fischer household. We went down to Mom and Dad's this weekend and finally got the rest of our stuff out of their house. Keith drove his truck down and we took out the third row seat from my Expedition. Kevin rode with Keith and the three little ones were with me.

We got everything. Well, almost everything. The kids each got one of those huge, life size stuffed dogs from CostCo for each of their first Christmases. We couldn't fit those in without blocking my view or them flying out the bed of the truck, so we left those there to get another day.

I straightened out the garage yesterday to get everything to fit. It looks pretty nice in there. All my stacks of stuff - we have just TONS of stuff - were looking picked through. I straightened those out and packed everything in there tighter.

Well, Dad is looking to get rid of some of his clutter (1 washer, 2 dryers and dining room chairs - all old and broken) and we wanted to get rid of some of ours (a broken computer desk, broken printers, etc). So, someone is coming on Saturday to haul away all our stuff. He is taking the washers and dryers to a metal recycler. I'm glad it's just not going to the landfill.

So, my goal is to purge about half of the stuff in the house. We still have a lot of things sitting in boxes from when we moved to WA the first time and haven't opened them since. So, it leads me to believe that it is something that is doable. A lot of the stuff is mementos from school. I think I am going to just bite the bullet and get rid of it. It'll be hard for me, but I can do it. Right???

No comments: