Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, June 20, 2005

I Love The Internet

Yes, I am an internet junkie. I have been online since the early 90s. That's more than ten years. I've been on the internet so long, that when I got an ICQ number, it was only in the 3 millions. Now it is giving out numbers starting in the 180 millions. I used the original versions of ICQ and mIRC. My first webpage was made in 1994.

I love the internet because you can find a wealth of information on it. Some of it may not be all that accurate though; you should always check as many reference as possible and not just rely on one.

You can find all kinds of interesting trivia like Los Angeles' official name is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula" - the longest city name in the US. But it is also known as "L.A." - the shortest.

You can find what ever you want to know on different countries, peopleethnicitieses and on and on. You can get restaurant reviews, movie reviews, music reviews, reviews on almost anything! You can make plane reservations, hotel reservations, camping reservations, compare prices, find discounts, etc etc etc. You can shop - almost every store out there has a .com. Kevin doesn't refer to a site. He refers to a dot com. He says things like, "I am looking at the Power Rangers' dot com."

If you can think it, you can find it on the internet. And it is so easy anyone can do it. Kaela knows her way to the Little Pony website. It isn't bookmarked, but somehow she gets to it. I think she clicks through on another website that we do have bookmarked. She can't read, but she manages to find all kinds of websites that she likes. From the PBS home page, she can get to the websites of all her favorite PBS shows.

Miss a TV show? Find a recap on line, find the transcript on line, find when it is playing again. You can even find a copy of it online *illegal* shhhhhhh....

We spend a lot of time online, but are always finding new and interesting sites. I can spend hours just diggin up info. As you've read, I've been doingenealogygy stuff - very cool. Keith the other day found a site that plays guitar chords. Shows you how to finger them and shows you the minors etc. Then it plays them so you know how they sound. We are researching our vacation online. We can see pictures of rooms in bed and breakfasts and read menus before we are even at the restaurant.

Who has time to make all these sites? I guess the same people that have all the time to cruise them *grin*.

No comments: