Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Friday, June 10, 2005

Mom and Grandma Left This Morning

We drove Mom and Grandma to the airport this morning. It was sad to see them leave. They were here a whole week, but it went by very fast. It was really nice to have them here.

Let's see. Were did I leave off last time? Okay. Well, Monday we didn't do anything special. We (everyone but Keith) stayed home during the day. Mom and Grandma had fun playing with the kids and just hanging out with them. I was really spoiled this week as Mom and Grandma tended to Kenna and the rest of them most of the time they were here. I got to relax and cook without kids bothering me every second. Not that they are a bother, but they do need attention. Kyle totally warmed up to both Mom and Grandma and really loved the attention he got from them.

I forgot that on Sunday night, Keith and I went to see the Star Wars movie. The tickets were $9.50 each! I remember back in high school when Tuesday nights were dollar night for first run movies. Granted, high school was more than 15 years ago, but still! We also got a large Coke for $4.50 and a small popcorn for $5. Movies are not a cheap date anymore! Nonetheless, we had a nice time and thought the movie was entertaining. I liked how it tied all the movies in. I wanted to buy the first three movies on DVD (I have them on VHS), but nearly choked when I saw how much they cost. I looked on Amazon.com. I was going to get them from Columbia House, but they are not offered as a selection.

Tuesday Keith took the day off. We went to the Aquarium of the Pacific. It was a nice aquarium. They are having a whale exhibition there (there were no real whales, as of course they are too large!). They had these really nice "passports" with info for all the exhibits in the Aquarium. At certain areas, they had embossing stations to emboss a different whale stamp into your passport. Kevin, Grandma and I each filled our passports with the stamps. It was fun collecting them. When we got there, the aquarium had a TON of kids there on field trips. Luckily they cleared out by 2pm and then it really quieted down.

After the aquarium, we went across the street to Bubba Gump's Shrimp. It is a theme restaurant from the movie Forrest Gump. I had a Shrimp Po' Boy. The kids had a basket of shrimp and chips. Keith and Grandma (who doesn't really care for shrimp) had the fish and chips and Mom had a fish sandwich. I thought it was good food. We had a fun time sitting there, although I think Keith was a bit stressed with the kids. Kyle can be quite grumpy when he is tired. And Kyle tends to scream when the mood strikes him. I high pitched squeal really.

After our late lunch, we drove down the Pacific Coast Highway. It was really nice. We had never driven down in this portion of California. We drove south for about two hours. We saw some really interesting houses and long stretches of beach. Grandma especially enjoyed seeing all the different houses and the trees and flowers. It was a beautiful drive.

Wednesday was another lounging day. Keith was home with us again. We all went to the park in the morning were the kids had a lot of fun (of course). Grandma struck up a conversation with another lady there with her great grandchild. Later, I was able to go run some errands that I had been putting off. I spent about three hours to myself and did some shopping. I even got to go to a bookstore and browse. I was looking for a new book to read, but nothing grabbed my attention. Keith barbecued chicken for dinner and Mom made coleslaw and gingered carrots. Yum!

Yesterday Mom took Kevin and Kaela to the park again. I ran to CostCo for a few things, and Grandma stayed with the baby while Kyle took his nap. We just hung out here at the house.

Mom and Grandma's visit was relaxed, but it sure did go by fast.

No comments: