Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Sunday, June 5, 2005

A Busy Week

I have been really busy this past week and so, I didn't have time to update the blog really. Monday and Tuesday I spent most of the day working on my client's books. There was a problem and the numbers just weren't looking right. I had to go back all the way to February and reconstruct a ton of stuff. It was a big pain in the butt trying to figure out what went wrong, but I finally figured it out. It also took a long time to do the adjustments needed to fix the problem. Sometimes I hate doing accounting work, but it is worth the extra spending money it provides. I am saving up the money for our vacation.

Keith and I are going on vacation the last week in July. My sister had volunteered to watch all four kids for the entire week. She will be getting help from Mom and Dad, but she will be the main sitter. She is going to plan all kinds of fun little outings for them and crafts for them to do while at home. They will have lots of fun with Auntie Ris.

We are not sure exactly where we are going for our vacation. When we last talked about it (last night), we decided to blast our way to Western Washington and work our way down. We have somewhat of a plan, but we are going to leave most of it up to what ever we are in the mood for. We hope to do some camping and we also hope to spend plenty of time lounging on the beach. It is a much needed vacation and we can't wait to finally have some alone time together.

Okay, back to the busy week. Wednesday and Thursday I spent cleaning up the house for Mom and Grandma's visit. I was going to try to get the curtains done (my project that's been ongoing for almost a year), but I decided (with Keith's encouragement) that I was not going to stress out about having the house perfect and exactly how I wanted it by the time Mom and Grandma got here. I keep the house in decent order, so cleaning up wasn't the problem really, it was that I wanted to make curtains, hang some pictures, get the office/craft room together, etc. but I shouldn't try to cram all those projects into such a short period of time. Our lease is getting renewed so, I have time to do all that stuff in the next month or so.

Friday Mom and Grandma arrived. They had an uneventful flight, although Mom thinks she may have lost her driver's license. After picking them up, we headed home and Kyle got some really good Grandma attention as Kevin and Kaela were at Disneyland again. Keith got home late on Friday because on Monday they have a big demo and it is dependent on his program. Well, it was being buggy and he needed to get it fixed. It didn't help that other people held him up until about 4:30pm.

Saturday was the baptism and Colin's birthday party. It all went really nicely. Kenna's baptism was nice. Dad was the celebrant. There were two other babies being baptized that day and all Filipino, so there were quite a good number of people there - as Filipino families tend to be quite large. Well, one of the babies cried the entire time so a lot of us had a hard time hearing most of the baptism celebration. Keith held Kenna as she was baptized with the water. He has held all four of them at their baptisms and it really means a lot to me that he participates like that.

Afterwards was a ton of picture taking. I think we got every conceivable picture configuration with all the family members. We got some really nice pictures. I may post an album soon. After that was the reception and birthday party for Colin. The kids had tons of fun. Maria had them make crowns and necklaces and both little crafts turned out to be very cute. The girls were into it just a bit more than the boys (Kevin), but they all still had fun.

Then we headed home and relaxed the rest of the evening. Today we just hung out at home. Keith worked on finishing up his program and the kids just played. A typical relaxing Sunday. Tonight we are having Tandoori chicken and later Keith and I are going out to watch the new Star Wars movie. So, good bye for now. Keep looking for pictures. I will post them within a few days.

No comments: