Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

What's Up With Us?

Well, you've read about the move and the place, so let me update you on us.

Kevin. He has a jog-a-than next Tuesday. He says he is going to run 90 laps. We shall see! lol I am not sure how long a lap is. So, if anyone wants to pledge a per-lap or flat donation. Let me know. If you haven't heard from me yet - you will!

We had another parent teacher conference today. His teacher said some really good things about Kevin, and she is happy with his progress. When he started kindergarten, he didn't know many letters (only V and K) and couldn't count very high (only to 12). He didn't have fine motor skills with holding his pencil. But, she says his counting is great (can count past 100 and can also count by 5s and 10s). He can recognize all the letters and can sound them out. He is even trying to read. His writing skills have improved greatly. It was a great review.

Michaela. This social butterfly has been to two non-relative birthday party. She, of course, wanted to have a birthday party too but we decided not to have one for her or Kevin. Kenna will be the only one having a party - since she is turning one. Michaela is really loving school and is learning a lot from it (and Kevin). She is already recognizing letters and is starting to learn to write. Next school year I am planning on putting her into the older kids class and move her to three days a week. She is still as girlie as ever and oh so cute!

Kyle. He is in that awkward stage when they say a lot of words, but still can't communicate exactly what they want. As a result, he is a whiner. The same as the rest of the kids. He will just break down and cry without even trying to communicate first. Oh the joys. We went to the nearby park yesterday and he totally biffed it on the merry-go-round. He decided that he didn't really like being on it and decided to just jump off without trying to have someone stop it first. Well, you get the picture. Metal playground merry-go-round spinning at top speed. Little 2 1/2 year old jumping off. Not a pretty sight. He's play though. He preferred to hold on to the out side and run to make the thing go round. Well, again. 2 1/2 year old without the sense to let go when the thing started going to fast. Not a pretty picture. Nonetheless, he had fun.

McKenna. Okay. Our little female version of Kyle. She is going to be a trouble maker. AND, I know she can walk. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her walking. When I turned to look at her, she dropped to the floor. Another time, I turned the corner into the hallway. There she is standing in the middle of the hallway, no where near anything that would help her get up into a standing position. She sees me and drops to the floor. I swear she is repeating words that we are saying. Sometimes clear as day. But, when I try to get her to say something, she just babbles. I think she is more advanced then she is leading us to believe.

Keith. He got a nice raise and a great employee evaluation. He got a raise higher than the usual and it was initiated by "the big boss". The guy he works with thinks that Keith is probably the best in the country when it comes to what they do. Keith is really enjoying work.

Me. Well, just busy with the move. Trying to get back into a routine. We got a new washer and dryer that just got delivered and installed today. Ris let us use one of her cards. Thanks Ris! She was also here today to receive them while Keith and I were at the conference.

Well, I guess that's it in a nutshell. I can't think of anything major that I may have missed. Good night.

No comments: