Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sorry No Pictures

Well, it's been a while since I have posted a new picture. Kevin was asking why he didn't have a new picture up recently. We are still unpacking and I am not even sure where our camera is! I want to take some new pictures.

Unpacking is going slowly but surely. I am doing the best I can with having to just try to do our everyday things as well as find things. Keith helped by watching the kids the entire weekend - which is what he usually does. But, it especially helped this weekend in that I was able to get most of my stamping stuff put away (which means I can start stamping again!). Keith set up his desk and computer stuff on the opposite wall from my desk. We have our office looking pretty nice. It is a blue room - just like the other place.

Aside from the blue room, I was also able to start on the kids' master suite. Did I mention that we decided to put the kids in the master bedroom? They have their own walk in closet for their toys and a whole other closet just for their clothes. Kevin and Kyle are in the bunk bed and Kaela's bed is clear on the other side of the room. There is enough room left over that if we wanted to, we could put our king sized bed in there and still have room to move around with no problem. They have their own bathroom, and it is over the garage so they can be as rowdy as they like and not disturb Mr. Grumpy Bottom Floor Neighbor. There is a huge built in dresser that runs the length of the window (about one and a half times longer than Kaela's twin bed). We are setting up a TV in the kids room - a first for us. We will hook up cable without the receiver to give them access to PBS. We are also going to give up our DVD/VHS combo so that they can watch in their room.

Friday night I went out by myself. The kids and the unpacking were really tough for me last week. I was able to go to the bookstore and get myself a book and a couple of scrapbooking magazines. I am reading "The Time Traveler's Wife". After the bookstore, I went and had dinner and read while I waited and ultimately while I ate. It was fun to get absorbed in the book and to block out all the people looking at the woman sitting all by herself in a crowded restaurant on a Friday night. I would have much rather been with Keith at the restaurant than have my nose in a book, but I really needed to get out. And well, we can't afford a babysitter. It would cost us about $100 just to walk out the door for a nice evening together. Since when do babysitters charge $20 an hour???

Oh well. Sorry again about no new pictures. I will find the camera soon! Good night. Thanks for reading.

Oh. Just quick updates on the kids. Kevin is enrolled in an after school physics class. He learned about force last class. He is the youngest in that class and is really enjoying it. We have decided to take Kaela to Disneyland for her birthday. We are taking Kevin and Kaela, and Ris and Dad are going to watch Kyle and Kenna that day. I think Kyle is sick with Mono again. No fever yet, but he is just grumpy and not sleeping well. I will look at his throat tomorrow. Kenna is eating like there is no tomorrow. That girl eats and eats. Can you believe she is going to be one in less than two weeks?

Okay. Good night again!

No comments: