Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Friday, January 20, 2006

The Latest

Well, sorry I haven't been updating frequently like I had told myself I would. There is much going on (as usual), and we haven't been home much.

Okay, house update. Well, on Monday's holiday, Mom, Dad and Ris came up for lunch and we went to the realtor's office to talk to a mortgage broker. It didn't go as well as we would've liked. We just aren't in a position to buy right now I don't think. So, we are looking for rentals. The problem with that is that no one knows right now if they have vacancies. Most will know better after the 1st of February.

As for the buying, we thought of maybe moving back down to Northern San Diego were the housing costs are about 100k less, but the school district isn't as nice. I want the kids to go to a good school, the minimum requirement being that the majority of students have English as their first language. I don't want my kids falling behind so that the other kids can catch up. Also, I want the school to be safe. How crappy is it to have to worry that your child is safe at school?

Anyway, we are hoping to rent around here so that Kevin doesn't have to change schools at the end of a school year.

As for this house that we are currently in, it has been seen continually since the house was listed on the 11th. We have pretty much been at the beck and call of realtors since then. It is really getting old. The kids are too loud when the realtors come by as they get excited when new people are here. Well, they want to show off their toys and tell them their names, etc. Cute, but these people are here to look at the house. Kinda creepy to me. Anyway, so we have been trying to leave when I know that people are coming over. Also a pain. I have run out of errands to run and now that we are never here, we are actually paying rent to have people look at the house that they are going to buy. If the house doesn't go into escrow soon, I am going to request to the realtor that viewings from now on be by appointment only.

Let's see. The kids are doing well. I have be preparing Kevin in case he has to change schools. He said that it'll be alright. I think I am more worried about it than he is! Kaela is doing well. Same old Kaela. Kyle is getting more and more stubborn as he is finding more independence. Kenna is getting a big honking tooth in. It looks like it is going to be big!

Keith is doing great at work and is working on a project that is wowwing the socks off the big wigs. He comes home in good spirits and I can tell he is really happy about how things are going. Next Thursday he has a big meeting to demo his project.

As for me, well, I am trying to keep this place cleaned up. I have had nice comments from realtors and looky-loos saying how clean the house is. My friends and family has been saying that I shouldn't keep the house so nice. If it looks gross and dirty, maybe no one will want to buy it! lol But, I keep it nice looking because even though I probably won't see these people ever again, I would be embarrassed to have them coming into my home with it looking messy. I guess that is my own problem! lol

Anyway. I guess that is it for now. Talk to you all later!

No comments: