Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, January 2, 2006

Happy New Year!

Okay, so I'm a day late. But, I haven't gone to bed yet, so for me it is still the 1st.

We spent New Year's Eve just hanging out like any other Saturday. The kids played and watched some TV. They did their usual riding bikes and scooters, legos, coloring, Kyle played with his cars. Keith and I played on our computers. Not really doing much, but managing to fill an entire day. After the kids went to bed, Keith and I watched The Exorcism of Emily Rose. It didn't scare the bejeezers out of me like The Exorcist did. It was more thought provoking if any thing. I didn't have to sleep with the lights on. lol

New Year's Day. Today. It rained, as it did yesterday. Today Kevin and I went to church. We saw one of his classmates and her family which was really nice. It was nice in that we had never been to this church and it was comforting to see some familiar faces. So, one of the things I wanted to do this new year was to go back to church. I haven't been going regularly in so long. Kevin hasn't gone much and doesn't know a lot of the traditional things that are done at Mass. There isn't a Sunday school program for Kindergarteners, but next year I plan to enroll him. He was a little fidgety, but not too bad.

Keith is sick. He started not feeling so good in the early afternoon. It is a stomach thing. Poor Keith. I feel bad for him. I don't think it is what Kevin had. Kevin's been over that since Wednesday. I think maybe it was something he ate, although I can't imagine what it could have been.

We had chicken curry for dinner last night. Keith made his own modified version and ate that. I don't think that was what did it though. It is a mystery.

Keith has Monday off and is planning on taking Tuesday off to get repairs done on his truck. With him feeling this lousy though, it might end up being sick time and him not being able to take his truck in.

Kyle is talking more and more. Kenna is finally eating food other than baby food. Kevin's stuttering is present again and it had been going on since Christmas. I am not sure what brought it on. I may talk to the school's speech therapist and his teacher to see what our next course of action should be.

Kaela is as princessy as ever. She is trying to get away with things by flashing her little smile. I made it clear to her today that that was not going to work. She got the hint, but still tries to get away with it with Daddy and Kevin.

As for me, I am just trying to focus myself and trying to see what I want to accomplish for the new year. Still thinking. Maybe I'll post what I plan for the new year.

I tried to take a New Year's picture of us last night, but Kenna was sleepy so it was a no go. I took two pictures and they both came out horrible. Oh well.

Okay, I guess I shall be signing off. Happy New Year!

No comments: