Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, August 22, 2005

What A Great Day

Today turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would be. With it being Monday, I had decided that it was going to be the same ol' same ol'. Well, I got a call from Keith around 11:45am today. He asked what I was doing. I said that I was cleaning the garage (which I was actually doing!). I could tell he was in the car which I thought was odd (he never calls me except on his drive home). So, I asked what he was doing. He replied, "I am on my way home. They kicked us all out."

Well, with the departmental changes going on, my heart sank. The first thing that crossed my mind was that they decided to can the entire department. I further pressed, "What do you mean?" trying to remain calm. "They asked us to leave." So I press on, "Just you?". He replies, "No, the entire building. There's been a bomb threat."

Whew! What a relief. Just a bomb threat. No biggy. Suddenly my panic lifted. All was well.

So, yeah! Now, Keith was coming home early. He wanted to go out and do something fun. So, we all piled in the car and went out to lunch. Then, we headed to the mall. The one with the Ferris Wheel and the Carousel. Of course we did all those. The train was not running though. They are expanding the mall and so things were a bit shook up there. Stores moved and closed and new ones opened and opening. We tried to look for new shoes for Keith and some pants. We ended up not getting anything. I shopped yesterday and went to six different places looking for shoes for Keith and no one had his size.

So anyway, back to our day. After shopping, we had ice cream and then took the kids to the park. They had a lot of fun at the park. We discovered that dinner time is a popular time for the park. It was filled with kids and parents. The most I've seen there at one time (barring there being a party). After the park, we stopped at the grocery store and picked up some steaks.

We gave the kids PB sandwiches and watermelon then packaged them off for bed - which was really easy tonight. Then we cooked up our steaks and Keith and I had a quiet dinner together. And now, I am talking to you fine people (Titanic).

So, that was our pleasant day. Oh, I forgot to say something about yesterday. Keith went to get his hair cut and came home with some beautiful flowers for me. Pretty daisies, a sunflower and other flowers that I have no idea of their names. But they are so colorful and beautiful. Then, Keith watched the kids and I went out to run errands. So not only was today good, but yesterday was nice too!

On a side note, I went shopping at Target and bought Kaela Pull-Ups. We have suffered some potty training set backs. She is wearing them to bed and during the day for now because she has been having bee accidents. She says, "The pee just wants to come out!" I guess for some reason, she all of a sudden can't seem to sense when she needs to go. Thank goodness she is still doing #2 really well! Okay, TMI. But, I shall leave you on that note. Goodbye!

No comments: