Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Monday, May 9, 2005

Mother's Day 2005

It was a nice Mother's Day. Kenna and I had our morning bonding session at 5am. We watched the morning unfold. After about an hour, we went back to bed. I got to sleep in until about 9. When I got up, the kids were busy making me Mother's day pictures. Keith made me a nice card that was hung up on the fridge. Kevin made me a nice jungle scene on the computer, complete with animals, trees, mountains, clouds and the sun and moon. Oh, and a roller coaster and pink mountains. Kaela made me a pretty picture full of bright "girlie" colors. Kyle even scribbles something for me. As I was looking at all of these, Kevin went back to the table and drew me a heart and he even wrote his name without anyone having to help him. That in itself was a nice Mother's Day gift.

Last weekend when Mom was here, she drew with the kids and read them all kinds of neat books. She also worked with Kevin on writing his name. She would draw a straight line and then on another piece of paper write out Kevin's name. Kevin would copy the letters. When we were filling out Kevin's Mother's day cards for his Grandmas and Great Grandma, I did the same thing. But as I watched him, I noticed that he wasn't looking at what I hard wrote, and it appeared he was writing the letters from memory. So, when he handed me my Mother's day heart with his name, it proved that he could finally write his name. I am so proud!

After receiving my pictures from the kids, Keith went to get his hair cut and took Kevin along. Kyle and Kenna both slept and Kaela and I cleaned up. Keith and Kevin came home and we all hung out for a while so Kyle could nap. We woke him up then walked to the park. The kids had fun playing (of course) and then Keith and Kevin played soccer for a bit. We headed home and then went out to dinner with Mom and Dad. We went to Claim Jumper and ate a ton. The kids were pretty good in the restaurant. Kyle was good as long as he was entertained. Keith and Mom played crayon soccer with Kyle. Mom and Keith as across the table from each other and Kyle was at the head. They rolled the crayon back and forth to each other while Kyle tried to grab it. They were all having fun and Kyle laughed and laughed. The couple at the next table even thought it was funny. After dinner, Dad treated us all to ice cream at Dairy Queen.

By the time we got home, it was later. Mom and Dad left, the kids got into their PJs and then they went to bed. Keith and I watched a little TV and then we went to bed. It was a nice Mother's day.

No comments: