Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The Hot Weather is Back

Wow, it is definitely late May in Southern California. On the weekend it was blazing hot. It isn't as hot today, nor was it yesterday, but there's something about the sun this time of year. There are no clouds and no shade. Is the sun closer to the Earth? It feels like I'm frying!

We went to Payless shoes for their buy one, get one half off sale. There were five other moms and four other big strollers in the toddler/kids shoe aisle. It definitely is too hot for shoes. Everyone was buying sandals. One mom and I commented to each other that this is a yearly ritual right around this time. She seemed pretty laid back. The other moms were clearly stressed out looking for just the right sandal for their kid. The problem is that Payless carries character sandals. Spiderman, Dora, Madagascar, Hello Kitty, Ninja Turtles, etc. Well, of course no matter what size your child's feet are, they are out of stock of the character they want. They have every single character in every other size but the one your child wants. Why is that?

I hate the character shoes. Very rarely do I buy character shoes. Last year and this year Kevin wanted character shoes. This year he wanted Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I let him try them on and if they fit (last year they didn't), then I would indulge him. This year, same thing. They didn't fit. 11 was too small, 12 was too big, no 11 1/2. So, he missed out again. I convinced him to get some nice brown leather ones. Kaela and Kyle both got brown leather ones too.

Afterwards we went to Target, they are remodeling and the store was turned upside down. I couldn't find anything. It made my quick stop there a little too long and it was getting to be nap time. As soon as we got to the car, Kyle fell asleep.

Now we are home. The house is mercifully cool. Kyle and Kenna are asleep. What a nice afternoon.

Oh! Well, I guess I won't wrap it up just yet. What is going on with Kenna?? Two nights in a row, she has slept almost 12 hours through the night. Last night and the night before was 10pm-9:30am. This girl has been sleeping through the night every night since I first blogged about it. Now she is marathon sleeping at night. She is up more during the day, but likes to lie under her arches and play. Her arches is this mat with two arches that criss cross and connect to each corner. There are five dangly thingys that she looks at. It was Kaela's, then Kyle used it and now Kenna is using it.

Okay. That's it for now. Bye!

No comments: