Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Thursday, September 7, 2006

Kevin's First Day


Kevin's First Day

Well, Kevin went back to school today. First Grade. Wow. That just amazes me how fast time flies. I was a bit worried while I packed his lunch. Kevin is a snacker. He eats all day long. I hope he can hold out until lunch.

He wore a green shirt today. Of course that's what he wanted. He also had his camo green backpack. In the backpack is his green pencil box. So we get to school and look at the class lists. Guess who his teacher is. Yup, Mrs. Green. There was a note next to the first grade class lists saying that first graders may have to be changed around a bit and class assignments won't be finalized until the 8th day of school. I hope Kevin does not get switched out. Before we left for school, we talked about how he might not have his best friends in the same class. Well, he took it in stride and said, "That's okay, I can see them at lunch. I can meet new friends too." As it turns out, none of his play buddies are in his class. He does have some familiar faces in his class though. He pointed out two girls and two other boys that were in his Kindergarten class.

I was looking at all the kids lined up to go into the class. Kevin was one of the tallest ones there. Last year, I noticed he was one of the shorter ones. He is growing so fast. I had to get him all new jeans and shoes. He got a bunch of new shirts too. He likes button down shirts and thinks that that is what he should wear to school. He prefers them over tee shirts. I got some great shirts on sale. You gotta love those sales!

Well, I get to pick him up at 2:30. I hope he fares well.

No comments: