Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Sunday, September 24, 2006

Happy Sunday

The first half of our weekend has been busy busy. Kaela had her first dance lesson today. She was very cute and picked up on the steps very easily. Her class is not full at all and in fact, for the first 20 minutes, she was the only one there. It was practically a private lesson. Another little girl showed up 20 minutes into the lesson and another about 40 minutes in. It was very cute.

So, of course she is going to continue. We went all over town looking for she little outfit and ballet slippers and tap shoes. I wanted to try to go cheap and get things from Target and Payless Shoes as opposed to the dance shop. The school actually said that expensive stuff wasn't really necessary for kids Kaela's age. Well, first we went to Target, no luck. Nothing. Then we went to Mervyn's We got her leotard, thighs, tutu and ballet slippers there. All on sale. Woohoo! Then we went to Payless for tap shoes. None there in her size. So, we tried another Target. None there. Then we went to another Payless. None there in her size either. Then off to Walmart. None in her size. By this time, we had been out almost three hours. I finally broke down and got her "real" tap shoes from the dance shop.

So, Kaela and I weren't alone in our adventure today. Kevin was with us. We bought his cub scout uniform. We were in and out of the scout shop in 5 minutes. We went there first. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up that that would be an indication of our day. Kaela's stuff was not even remotely easy. Kevin is very excited about his uniform. He looked at his scout guidebook and oh'd and ah'd over everything in it. I think both kids are going to have a great time in their new activities.

Kevin's school is once again doing a gift wrap fundraiser. I am a bit more active in the PTO this year and we had our first meeting of the year. We went over the PTO budget for the school year. I had no idea, but this gift wrap fundraiser is the biggest fundraiser for the school. I won't give you a dollar amount, but let's just say that with the money raised by this fundraiser alone, you could buy yourself a nice new sedan. Not a bare minimum, no features sedan, but a nice sedan with some really nice extras. Yeah. It blew me away. So, does anyone want to buy some gift wrap???

Keith is doing well. He got his raise. A nice one. Over 9%. He also had his interview with the other department. They like him and are interested. They will see what they can do. Keith just needs to figure out if he wants to switch departments.

I started with a new Bible study. Seems like it's going to be very interesting. It last through May. So, I feel like I have been busy busy busy. Carting kids around, doing PTO stuff and this new Bible study, not to mention all the stamping swaps I am in.

Kyle and Kenny. Doing wonderfully. Kenny is probably going to get her very first hair cut. It is falling into her eyes and needs a trim. She needs the back trimmed too. She has long hair that ends in a "V" right between the shoulder blades.

Well, there is so much to think about. I can't wait for the 1st to come round. I have a TON of Halloween stuff that I want to put up. I like decorating for Halloween. We have some fun stuff. Don't even get me started on Christmas. I have SO much more for Christmas. So, we have my mom's birthday along with a big birthday bash, Kyle's birthday, parent teacher conferences, Thanksgiving, then Christmas, then New Years. Oh my. It is going along much too fast.

Okay, so that's it for now. Not much going on, but so much going on at the same time. You know what I mean. It's just life.

No comments: