Stampers: Check out my Stampin Blog

Please visit me at www.stampworkshop.com

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Halloween

To view our Halloween photo album, click here

Halloween was fun this year. But when is it not fun? The kids had been anticipating Halloween for weeks. I guess that's a bit of my fault because I was excited for Halloween to come! I love decorating for Halloween and I think it is a fun time. It is kind of the start of the Holiday season and I always look forward to this time of year.

We decorated early in October and the kids all had their costumes picked out shortly thereafter.

Here they are before school. Kyle was Captain Jack Sparrow. McKenna was a black cat. Michaela was an Angel. Kevin was a SWAT officer. Kevin and Michaela had a Halloween parade at school and I dressed Kyle and McKenna in theirs too. The parade was really fun to see. The whole school joined in on the parade. I'd say about only a handful of kids were not in costume. The rest of the almost 800 kids were. It was neat to see all the different costumes. Some of them were pretty clever. I wish I could post them, but I hesitate to post other people's kids online.

After the parade, the two little ones got dropped off at Grandma and Grandpa's. I went back to the school and help out with a party that Kevin's class had. Michaela's class also had a party, but hey were already covered for volunteers. Both kids fun at their parties. Kyle's preschool had their party the next day, so he got to enjoy it with his friends too.

That night, Keith took the kids trick or treating through the neighborhood. I stayed home and passed out candy.

When they came home, they had a few pieces of candy. They had glow sticks with them and we turned out all the lights and the kids played with them, drawing designs in the air. I snapped some pictures with the shutter forced open. I got some really neat shots.

Shortly after that, we sent the kids to bed and Keith and I watched TV. All in all, it was a fun day.

No comments: